Author Topic: 2 xbox Console friends crashing upon loading into Dryad area from mist camp  (Read 836 times)

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
 Hello I am Shay hartley Thats My  avatars Name in the Game Lv 12. I have recently Had 9 friends buy The Game and Join the server Half on console Half on Pc. Okay so We went from The Vistani Camp in Barovia City I bought Us A Caravan to the Mist Camp. well Instead of taking us to the Mist camp it took us to What I am told is An elven Place with A lot of green grass and Mist. Now Other than that weirdness The three friends of mine on console Crashed Upon loading there. and Now when ever they try to Load into the Game they Take magical Damage and then crash. Is this A known Bug or A technical issue as it only seems to be effecting the console users in our group. :( was a bad way to end out first big adventure lol

Its been a few days now And they are sad they cant Play someone did advise me to tell then to log into faction base But I am concerned this is an issue that will effect the console players in the area they are stuck in.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
I'm not very familiar with Xboxes, but can you update/patch NwN on it? This sounds like you are running an old version of the game that doesn't support that tileset.

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Loading into Faction base did not help them either it keeps trying to load back into that dryad place

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
I'm curious if this is an xobxone or the newest console? It may have something to do with that? Other than what EO suggested, I'd make sure the game is updated for them, maybe try reinstalling it? I've not played on the xbox, but they have a tollfree number Or did... That may be able to give some more advice?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Please give as much detail as possible about the individual models they are playing from.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
Loading into Faction base did not help them either it keeps trying to load back into that dryad place

I'm pretty sure this is just the new name of the Mist Camp, no?

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!

I'm pretty sure this is just the new name of the Mist Camp, no?
it is, that's the new mist camp
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Hi I was not aware how to see the replies I am now I will get back to these asap I'm currently at work.

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Hello Yes it's the new Mist camp, And its only effecting Console Players I have three xbox friends. Does anyone know a fix for this someone mentioned to try reinstalling the Game waiting on that to see if it works.

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Hello Yes reinstalling the Game and Server did not seem to help the issue. I even Managed to get My third friends on Xbox stuck in the same glitch because I did not know it was A Mist camp update that did it i thought it was a new country or something. and Now i feel very guilty

Cassius

• Developers
  • Dark Power
This depends if the Xbox version of the game supports the tileset that is used for the Arrival area, because it is possible that the console version of the game is behind in updates there. Most issues surrounding this area where people cannot load in is often because they are using an older version of the game that did not add in the tileset (Medieval Rurals 2 by Zwerkules).

The only work around here I can think of is the following:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version
2) Contact Beamdog, since it is something from their end if it's an issue with the latest version not including the new tilesets.

There's not much we can do on our side at this stage since this isn't a bug and seems to be an issue isolated to the xbox version your friends might be using.

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Re: 2 xbox Console friends crashing upon loading into Dryad area from mist camp
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 12:43:36 AM »
Thank you Beamdog said they Might update this month and ill let you guys know on your end, sad they don't update more often for the console

shea hartley

• New to the Mists
Re: 2 xbox Console friends crashing upon loading into Dryad area from mist camp
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »
Hello!! The quorry in the watcher estates Is also causing Console Players to crash, The area with the Ware bat Lords Is where they crash, it has the same Grass as the mist camp not sure if that's causing it