You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Visual bug with Grease  (Read 417 times)

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
Visual bug with Grease
« on: August 08, 2021, 02:19:57 PM »
Hello,

Since recent patches of NWN there seems to be a weird visual bug involving the Grease spell. On many tile surfaces, the spell's effect will be entirely invisible unless viewed from a very horizontal angle with the camera.

Images of the issue under the spoiler. Grease is active on the terrain around the staff in both images. Yet on only one the effect is visible due to the camera angle.

Spoiler: show

The issue seems widespread enough to the point where most people I travel with do not seem to be able to see the Grease spell. Now, I understand this might be a beamdog issue with the effect, but perhaps we could change the effect to be something more visible and colorful, because seeing Grease has always been difficult, despite these problems.

I did try to cast the spell in the mountain tileset, and there I would see the spell's effect regardless of camera angle. However, due to the fog, the color and subtlety of the effect, it was hard to see even when it worked as intended.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Visual bug with Grease
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 02:33:09 PM »
Grease has a pretty obvious effect for me.

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Visual bug with Grease
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 11:26:37 PM »
I think this has to do with a update that happened to NWN since some people use different beta's but when i had to reinstall mine it gave some spells a different look. grease was one that I noticed

think some folks will just have ot be cautious around grease now more lol

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero