You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ram's Might, Improved Unarmed Strike.  (Read 942 times)

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
Ram's Might, Improved Unarmed Strike.
« on: August 08, 2021, 10:59:54 AM »
Ram's Might now only applies the Improved Unarmed Strike feat while wild/elemental shaped. The feat immediately appears when shifting, and disappears when unshifting.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Ram's Might, Improved Unarmed Strike.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 01:19:30 PM »
Ram's Might now only applies the Improved Unarmed Strike feat while wild/elemental shaped. The feat immediately appears when shifting, and disappears when unshifting.

It never carried over when unshifting if memory serves me right.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 01:30:28 PM »
"Your Strength is increased by 2 and you gain the feat Improved Unarmed Strike for the duration of the spell."

https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Ram%27s_Might

Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
It used to apply all the time as long as the spell was active, no matter what form, before the recent hak update.

After the update, you now only gain the feat from the spell after shapeshifting.

Bouquet of Lotuses

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 02:04:25 PM »
So if you're a ranger you never gain the feat benefit of the spell?
Else Dvornikov - Akolyte of the Tyrant

Church of the Lawgiver - Sign up for tyranny today!

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »
Right now, apparently. You should always have it with the spell whether you're shifted or not.

Bouquet of Lotuses

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 02:18:32 PM »
Gotcha. Yeah that seems like an issue.
Else Dvornikov - Akolyte of the Tyrant

Church of the Lawgiver - Sign up for tyranny today!

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
Hey, I just logged in my ranger and tried this out and did receieve the feat when I cast the spell. Not sure what issue you're running in to.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
Is it possible you arent seeing Improved Unarmed Strike apply until the end of your action queue? If you always end your queue under a polymorph that could be why.

As a separate issue & side note, I've not reported it before as it has been very, very inconsistent, but rarely I don't have the feat after the first polymorph into an air elemental, and have had to unshift and reshift for it to apply, though after this has happened during any playthrough I've done my darned best to try replicate it so I could report it properly but never been able to.

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 03:27:34 PM »
Video of the issue I'm having, showing the feat vanishing as soon as I go back into human form.
Spoiler: show

Ghailer

• New to the Mists
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 04:18:56 PM »
I tested it on my side. Ram's might applies improved unarmed strike without issues in human shape.
When shifting into other shape and unshifting, no issues either.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 04:24:55 PM »
Video of the issue I'm having, showing the feat vanishing as soon as I go back into human form.

I'll check on my end when I get home to see if this is happening to me though if its not happening to other people like Ghailer, I'm wondering if your creature skin is going missing when you polymorph back into a human or something.

Are your background skill bonuses you chose at character creation going missing, or if you have two Rams' might spells memorized, does improved unarmed strike apply again on a second casting after it goes missing from unshifting?

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2021, 04:47:22 PM »

I'll check on my end when I get home to see if this is happening to me though if its not happening to other people like Ghailer, I'm wondering if your creature skin is going missing when you polymorph back into a human or something.

Are your background skill bonuses you chose at character creation going missing, or if you have two Rams' might spells memorized, does improved unarmed strike apply again on a second casting after it goes missing from unshifting?

It appears my background skill bonuses vanish when I wildshape, but return once I turn back into a human. Recasting Ram's Might does not apply the feat in my human form.

Whatever the issue is, so far it only seems to be affecting specifically my character. I've created another druid to test and experienced no issues on the newly created character.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 04:57:03 PM »
That is really odd.

If rams might isnt applying at all on a second cast that seems like there's some kind of lock on the reapplication of wherever its temporary effect is supposed to go when you are human.

Edited: I thought it could be purely visual, but I can see the AC icon disappearing when you unshift even though the combat log is hidden that would show the parry AC number adjustments.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 07:06:11 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 07:14:47 PM »
Edited: I thought it could be purely visual, but I can see the AC icon disappearing when you unshift even though the combat log is hidden that would show the parry AC number adjustments.

Sorry about that. I do indeed lose my parry AC bonus though when shifting back while unarmed. Another issue I've noticed with my character is Hawk's Vision not granting Point Blank Shot. Something's for sure bugged with my character.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »
Thanks for the reports; I've found the cause and will fix it next update. It seems to affect characters that use polymorph/wild shape.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 09:29:13 PM »
This should now be fixed.