You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hak Update 2_25c - Detailed List of Changes  (Read 1946 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Hak Update 2_25c - Detailed List of Changes
« on: July 27, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »
We've now loaded a new version of the hak on the test server to test new features and changes.

At this point we'll need your help testing this new content to make sure it works properly and there are no bugs. If you wish to help us test, you'll need to download the following haks:

-CEP 2.65 (if you don't already have it, download and extract to your My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder)
-Ravenloft Hak 2_25c (extract to your My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\ folder)

Once you have extracted both haks into the Neverwinter Nights folder, you will find our test server at IP Address & Port: 46.4.59.55:5124 - use it for "Direct Connect". Once connected, you can either use existing characters or create a new one, using the new class, which can be found at the bottom of the list of classes; all new characters can freely level up to level 20 on the test server for now. You can find more detailed information here.

Try to test as many things as possible, such as spellcasting, feats, unique abilities, leveling, multiclassing, etc. and report anything that feels off, or incorrect here. I've updated the list of changes to include scripting changes that can be tested as well.

Class Changes & Fixes:
-Removed Heavy Armor Proficiency and level 16 Armored Mage from Warmage.
-Added Blast of Sand, Grease and Mestil's Acid Sheathe to the warmage's spell list
-Fixed an issue with the Voodan's spell slots; added an extra cantrip slot per level.
-Added Flurry of Blows support to the following monk weapons: bagh nakh, cutting wheel, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, war fan, in addition to the kama.

Spell Changes:
-Rebalanced the following spells: Lucent Lance, Sound Lance and Faerie Fire.

Feat Changes:
-Added Battle Caster.
-Added Toggle Hostile/Unhostile radial menu feats to toggle individual PCs or nearby PCs hostile or unhostile.
-Changed the animation of Defensive Stance to be less janky.
-Added an icon to Graveyard Sonata's and Curse of Distraction's effects.
-Removed the icon from Arcane Resistance's effect.

Miscellaneous:
-Rebalanced the Tower Shield from 3 AC to 4 AC.
-Entangle, Immobilize, Paralysis will no longer automatically set the Dexterity to 3.
-Made minor balance adjustments to bagh nakh, cutting wheel and war fan.
-Added crafting support to the cutting wheel and war fan.
-Changed the Giant Slug's model size so it can move more easily.

Area, Item and NPC changes:

-Revamped Midway Haven.
-Fixed Chains of the Warmage.
-Updated Edelweiss' ability.
-Fixed minor issues and optimized some areas.

Scripting and System changes:

-Made Gris-Gris self-destroy when expired.
-Fixed a minor bug with scrying and respawn when burnt/mutilated.
-Fixed minor issues and optimized some areas.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:38:24 PM by EO »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Hak Update 2_25c - Detailed List of Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 09:36:23 PM »
Spell Changes:

Faerie Fire
Spoiler: show
Spell Level: Beguiler 1; Druid 1; Voodan 1
Innate Level: 1
School: Evocation
Descriptor(s): Light
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Long
Area of Effect / Target: Medium
Duration: 2 Rounds / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

Targets in the area will begin to glow. This glow dispels all invisibility and concealment effects, and prevents any new invisibility or concealment effects from being applied for as long as Faerie Fire persists.

Lucent Lance
Spell Level: Cleric 6; Voodan 6; Wizard / Sorcerer 5
Innate Level: 5
School: Transmutation
Descriptor(s): Blindness, Light
Range: Medium
Area of Effect / Target: Single
Duration: Instant
Save: None

You concentrate the light around you into a white hot beam of energy. You must succeed at a ranged touch attack with the ray to strike a target. The beam deals 1d6 divine damage per caster level (maximum 15d6) if cast while in direct sunlight. The spell deals 1d4 divine damage per caster level (maximum 15d4) if cast anywhere else. Targets struck by this ray are blinded for 1 round, in addition to taking damage.

Sound Lance
Spell Level: Bard 3; Cleric 4; Voodan 4; Wizard / Sorcerer 3
Innate Level: 3
School: Evocation
Descriptor(s): Sonic
Range: Medium
Area of Effect / Target: Single
Duration: Instant
Save: Fortitude Half

A lance of sonic energy to leaps from you to a target within range. The sound deals 1d8 points of sonic damage per caster level, to a maximum of 10d8.

Feats:

Battle Caster
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Ability to ignore arcane spell failure chance from armor.
Specifics: The character is able to wear armor one category heavier than he can normally wear while still avoiding the chance of arcane spell failure. For example, if he has the ability to normally wear light armor without incurring a chance of spell failure, he can wear medium armor and continue to cast spells as normal. This ability does not extend to shields, nor does it apply to spells gained from spellcasting classes other than the class that provides the ability to cast arcane spells while in armor.
Use: Automatic.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:39:10 PM by EO »

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 03:20:20 AM »

-Added Flurry of Blows support to the following monk weapons: bagh nakh, cutting wheel, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, war fan, in addition to the kama.

Are Katar's purposefully omitted?  They're part of the monk weapon proficiency.
Discord: Favee#4934

Ithalan

• New to the Mists
  • Useful Posts: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 05:29:19 AM »
Miscellaneous:
-Entangle, Immobilize, Paralysis will no longer automatically set the Dexterity to 3.

What is the reasoning behind removing this effect from paralysis? Going by the books at least, Dex is supposed to be effectively 0 for any creature that is paralyzed.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 06:51:33 AM »
Miscellaneous:

What is the reasoning behind removing this effect from paralysis? Going by the books at least, Dex is supposed to be effectively 0 for any creature that is paralyzed.

So we can evade spells better while paralysed ?

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 08:24:53 AM »
Why was heavy armor proficiency and combat casting removed from level 16 Warmage?

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 09:15:05 AM »
Why was heavy armor proficiency and combat casting removed from level 16 Warmage?

They never got it in PnP, it was an addition we made since we didn't have Battle Caster.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 09:19:11 AM »
Ah, does Battle Caster give them Heavy casting, then? So they can take Heavy Armor Prof and Battle Caster pre-16 now? With their feats, that's almost more of a subconscious boon than a curse.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
Ah, does Battle Caster give them Heavy casting, then? So they can take Heavy Armor Prof and Battle Caster pre-16 now? With their feats, that's almost more of a subconscious boon than a curse.

Indeed. You need to invest in two feats rather than getting them for free but you also can get both at level 8 rather than 16, which makes it easier to integrate within a build. It's hard to build for level 16+.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2021, 05:39:43 AM »
Miscellaneous:

So we can evade spells better while paralysed ?

Probably because entanglement or paralysis off spells lowered dexterity to make creatures even more susceptible to grease and entanglement / web.

Arcane casters using grease / web / evards and divine casters using grease / entanglement / stonehold, using the dex to 3 or 0 drop, effectively improved their spells working with each other if a save was failed on one of them, resulting in a greater lock than intended by their spells individually.

A case of spell combinations becoming greater than the sum of their parts may have been a bit too much for dexterity oriented builds to handle losing that much reflex saving throws...

..or it could be a way to stop the dexterity bug from these spells from ever occuring at all if it never applied to begin with.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 12:41:12 PM »
I fooled around on the test server with a warmage a bit.

Battlecaster seems to work fine with the heavy armor.

You guys seem to have changed up the tilesets of some of the maps in the mists? The trees on the forest maps are really invasive, they seem not to be hideable by the "Hide second story tiles" option from the UI options. Really obscures the vision you have playing the game. Vision is important so I hope there's some way to mend this problem.

Screenshots:

"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 03:12:36 PM »
I think that might be an EE bug. I noticed I had hide second story tiles on "always" and my screen was constantly getting blocked, but turning it on "auto" made it start working again.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 05:13:26 PM »
I think that might be an EE bug. I noticed I had hide second story tiles on "always" and my screen was constantly getting blocked, but turning it on "auto" made it start working again.

Tried it again, tried logging in and out, seeing if I can get the trees out of the way. It's not working for me. Obscured by shrubbery 24/7.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon