You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Leaving Krekz or VOB at Night  (Read 1504 times)

Haven Dee'pockets

• New to the Mists
Leaving Krekz or VOB at Night
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:14:23 PM »
As of late when you ask to leave the Villages at night, the guard gets stuck in the gate, it happens occasionally when you ask to enter to and you have to spam the conversation over and over to enter, but on leaving he gets stuck and then the dialog with him stops. This leaves you stuck inside for the remainder of the time until the gate unlocks.

I was wondering if instead of the gate working with him using a key on it, if it could work the same way as the door int he Drain, which opens on its own dialog instead of being reliant on a NPC to path correctly to open it. We all know the pathing in NWN isn't the greatest at times.

https://i.imgur.com/kwVpFqS.jpg

That is where he gets stuck, and dialog options no longer become available. This is in the Krekz outpost, but it does happen in VOB as well.
Haven Deepockets - Halfling Entrepreneur
Rhil'annon Melarn - Dark Minstrel

The Splendiferous Haven
Tasha's Crippling Anxiety
Gedlee's Electric Boogaloo

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Re: Leaving Krekz or VOB at Night
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 09:23:04 PM »
Upon conversing with the guard and asking him to let you in, you can unlock the door yourself and step out avoiding this trouble

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 10:37:54 PM »
Along these lines, I'd like to see a method to enter the village somewhere without having to interact with an NPC at the front gate, similarly to how you can use the sewers to get into Vallaki at night. Even if it's more inconvenient.

Dardonas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 10:42:37 PM »
Yes.  I brought it up in another thread, but if you are an outcast you are trapped in Krezk and VoB until daytime, until someone mercifully lets you out, or if you borderline ignore NPCs by crowbarring the gates. 

If there could be a rope on the far side for the city wall or maybe the secret cave with all the ore by VoB could lead into the city, it'd fix this problem.  VoB shouldn't have better security than Vallaki, it's supposed to be a run down town that's falling apart.

Haven Dee'pockets

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 09:42:23 AM »
Upon conversing with the guard and asking him to let you in, you can unlock the door yourself and step out avoiding this trouble

Actually not always. I converse with him, her gets stuck the gate remains locked on the way out. I cannot open it, I cannot pick it. I have tried this multiple times over the past week.

The Splendiferous Haven

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 08:12:33 PM »

Actually not always. I converse with him, her gets stuck the gate remains locked on the way out. I cannot open it, I cannot pick it. I have tried this multiple times over the past week.

When he gets stuck on the other side, click on the door and you will have a similar interraction with him. As soon as he agrees to let you in, click on the door and it will unlock. I had this issue many times whilst in Berez but this is how you sort it

Haven Dee'pockets

• New to the Mists
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 03:58:07 PM »

When he gets stuck on the other side, click on the door and you will have a similar interraction with him. As soon as he agrees to let you in, click on the door and it will unlock. I had this issue many times whilst in Berez but this is how you sort it

Its not the entering that is usually the problem, it is the leaving. He becomes un-talkable and the gate remains locked. Then there is only the Crowbar option. He gets stuck actually inside the gate, cant move until morning when the gate opens.

Even if I myself can get outside by say luck, the next person that comes along wont be so lucky. It is something that is clearly a pathing issue with the guard and easily fixable if the Gate had the same type of conversation as the door in the drain. The Krekz one is the only one I have managed to get stuck inside.

The Splendiferous Haven

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 09:31:37 PM »
I'll change it so the guards no longer move to open/close the gates. Should solve that problem.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 05:25:21 PM »
I've noticed that there's also a window in between  about  Hour  5.5  and  6,  where the  gate is locked but the guard will not speak with you.  This has always just been a minor inconvenience so I never mentioned it, but it is fairly on topic here.

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 08:43:26 AM »
I'll change it so the guards no longer move to open/close the gates. Should solve that problem.

Could a similar solution be done to the Gendarmerie cell door? The NPCs have a tendency to glitch through the wall and locking themselves out, making it impossible to enter the jail.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 09:20:52 PM »
Could a similar solution be done to the Gendarmerie cell door? The NPCs have a tendency to glitch through the wall and locking themselves out, making it impossible to enter the jail.

Sure.

Dardonas

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 07:04:32 PM »
The update now makes it impossible to enter VoB at night.  When you speak to the gate guard, the nearest house to VoB opens instead of the gate.

Leaving VoB does not present this issue and is fine.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 07:52:52 PM »
Thanks; I'll fix that too.

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
Border outpost Zeklos gate doesnt open at night
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2021, 07:12:58 PM »
Name:
Border outpost Zeklos North gate does not open at night when interacting with the Guard. Instead it opens the "barracks" building door next to the gate.

Where:
Border outpost Zeklos

When:
When you try to enter the outpost at night and ask the guard to let you in from the North gate.

What:

Border outpost Zeklos North gate does not open at night when interacting with the Guard. Instead it opens the "barracks" building door next to the gate.

Recreate:
Speak to the gaurd at night.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
Re: Border outpost Zeklos gate doesnt open at night
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2021, 10:01:01 PM »
Seems to be the same issue as this. https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=59691.0   

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Lord
Re: Border outpost Zeklos gate doesnt open at night
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 04:22:54 AM »
Seems to be the same issue as this. https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=59691.0

While similar they are different. In that thread the guard attempts to open the gate. The issue I am reporting is a completely different door opens.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 01:40:31 PM »
Merged these since it's the same bug, no need to report it again since it'll be fixed when we next update.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 09:33:12 PM »
Same issue in Berez.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
Gates at Bavorian Village wont open at night.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 08:15:58 AM »
I have met this issue twice now.
When knocking or announcing ones presence at the gates the dialogue with the guard inside starts. He says he will let you in and the emote text describes how he opens the gates but they remain shut and locked.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
Re: Gates at Bavorian Village wont open at night.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 09:28:11 PM »
These should now be fixed.