You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Cinnabar Deposit unable to be reached  (Read 482 times)

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
Cinnabar Deposit unable to be reached
« on: July 24, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »
Name:
Cinnabar  Deposit unable to be reached

Where:
Perfidus Surface

When:
7pm EST 07/24/21.

What:
Deposits in the cliff side at Perfidus  when mined are not abled to be reached even when using @seatme . I've seen this before with  Meteorites but  that did not concern me as those are at least somewhat randomly generated.

I understand it is normal for a few rocks to be stuck in a cliff, but every single piece of ore was not reachable.   

Screenshot

Recreate:
The hitbox for unit collision extends out from the cliff side  merely attempt to walk up against it and you can see that.

Ideas:
Recommend moving the rock out from the crevice  so that when it is mined all of the Cinnibar is not lost within the hitbox of the cliff.     

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Cinnabar Deposit unable to be reached
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 09:15:43 PM »
Can confirm, could not reach any of my rocks
Eilithar Cael'aera | Eowaril | Rowan Tallstag | Tobias Loarca | Kiiren Josivir

Dardonas

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 09:28:10 PM »
I've had similar issues and a workaround with my case was using the miner's bag on the ore on the ground.  The use of the item will collect the ore you click and it also has a degree of "range."  Granted, it is a bit annoying, but I think it'd help in this case.

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 10:28:39 AM »
I've had similar issues and a workaround with my case was using the miner's bag on the ore on the ground.  The use of the item will collect the ore you click and it also has a degree of "range."  Granted, it is a bit annoying, but I think it'd help in this case.

Ah thanks for the work around, I think I've heard this before but I've been on break for some time

The mining bag seems to work on even the most out of reach ones, at least on Perfidus
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 10:36:09 AM by AnOldFriend »

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor