Author Topic: Blaustein Hag Breaking Stealth Mechanics  (Read 526 times)

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
Blaustein Hag Breaking Stealth Mechanics
« on: July 23, 2021, 10:11:01 PM »
Name:
Blaustein Hag Breaking Stealth Mechanics

Where:
Blaustein, Reavers Cave

When:
~9pm EST, this time. 07/23/21. This is not the first time I've seen this happen, however.

What:
I am afraid I must call Madame Hag on her most unchivalrous behavior. Namely, she is cheating. To my knowledge, attacking someone is supposed to break stealth. She has not only been able to make repeated attacks without breaking her concealment, she's even been able to do damage and continue attacking without breaking her stealth.

She did not actually break stealth for me until Charles Rotthier (who has detection skills, unlike this poor paladin) managed to do enough damage to her to trigger the Ai to do the "run away" protocol and break into a dead sprint towards backup.

Screencaps inbound:
Spoiler: show

Recreate:
I dunno if I can offer anything more specific than "walk into cave, encounter stealth-hag."

Ideas:
I got nothin', other than that Hags are prone to cheating.

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
Re: Blaustein Hag Breaking Stealth Mechanics
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 01:18:27 AM »
Notably, this is the same thing that tends to occur every so often with Malthor in the depths of the temple in Perfidus, who also uses stealth.
"Let love guide you, not fear."

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 01:52:30 AM »
Yeah I have noticed it with Malthor, The hags as well as a few other hostiles from time to time in Port that use stealth. Annoying but transitioning usually fixes it. Though for a more permenant fix at least for things like the Hag and Malthor perhaps removing stealth from them might be a good idea seen as it is not how they attack anyway.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 09:39:56 AM »
That sounds like a Beamdog bug; it'd be best to report it directly to them here. We won't remove stealth from our monsters.