You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Wearing and taking off spellslot items on Warmage removes spell slots  (Read 427 times)

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Where: Playing the Warmage class.

When: Whenever, wherever.

What: If one equips warmage spellslot items and then takes them off, it simply removes a spell slot from the warmage. Crucially, regardless of whether one rested with them equipped or not, this always occurs, and repeatedly. So what can end up happening is that if you did not rest with the spell slot items to gain extra spell slots, then wear them and take them off (for instance, the Staff of the Apprentice Warmage, which you often can end up switching in and out of wielding if you have to engage NPCs in dialogue), you will simply end up with two fewer 1st circle spell slots and one fewer 2nd circle one. This will occur until you have none left at all.

Recreate: Pick warmage class, get to a level sufficient enough to benefit from spell slot items, wear them and take them off repeatedly and watch your spell slots dwindle down to zero.

Ideas: No clue.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Dardonas

This happens on all spell slot items and is particularly noticeable on casters that don't have preparation.  I believe it was pointed out to be a bug due to engine limitations of spell slot items.  It happened on my sorcerer and I believe someone made a thread a while back about assassin and assassin items doing the same.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
Is it a hardcoded bug in the game? It isn't game-breakingly bad if one knows about it in advance, but it is a little annoying.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
It's why I habitually ignore spellslot weapons over on BGTSCC, or outright refuse to use them on my spontaneous casters.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Yeah that's a hardcoded NwN bug; no way around it unfortunately.