Author Topic: Empty tents in Muhar  (Read 702 times)

Hathor

• Dark Lord
Empty tents in Muhar
« on: July 13, 2021, 04:30:03 PM »
I would be really nice for the regular Akiri players, I think, if a few more empty tents with interiors were added around. There is only one and it has a cat urine smell, which seemed awkward to roleplay around when I visited. This would enable some more realistic RP within the setting.

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Re: Empty tents in Muhar
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 04:38:20 PM »
I would be really nice for the regular Akiri players, I think, if a few more empty tents with interiors were added around. There is only one and it has a cat urine smell, which seemed awkward to roleplay around when I visited. This would enable some more realistic RP within the setting.

I am all up for Har’Akir having a few more interiors! Perhaps “building” rather than a tent. That being said I’ve always rp’d when the tent is set up for role play that the “cat pee” has been cleaned up and the tent smells fresh ;).

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 06:09:05 PM »

I am all up for Har’Akir having a few more interiors! Perhaps “building” rather than a tent. That being said I’ve always rp’d when the tent is set up for role play that the “cat pee” has been cleaned up and the tent smells fresh ;).
Maybe some tents for renting?

Hathor

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:18:41 PM »

This would be ideal personally. I admit I thought it had been suggested and turned down at some point, but it would be great.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 06:22:05 PM »

There are many houses/doors that arent used in muhar. Perhaps one could serve as a rental place.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 06:55:36 PM »
Would seem weird to rent out pre-placed tents, considering tents are temporary structures.

Kinga

• 🎀𝐸𝓁𝒹𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢𝑜𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈🎀
  • The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • 𝐵𝑒 𝒢𝒶𝓎 𝒟𝑜 𝒞𝓇𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 03:46:09 AM »
Would seem weird to rent out pre-placed tents, considering tents are temporary structures.

They are also low-cost and relatively easy upkeep-wise. Plus it's the desert, it's not like the tent will get washed away by the rain. I feel like renting out tents for foreigners would be a great way for the local officials to make money, while not having to bother with any potential improvements to the structure and saving better buildings for the locals.

DM Sinister

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 04:22:12 AM »

They are also low-cost and relatively easy upkeep-wise. Plus it's the desert, it's not like the tent will get washed away by the rain. I feel like renting out tents for foreigners would be a great way for the local officials to make money, while not having to bother with any potential improvements to the structure and saving better buildings for the locals.

Muhar operates a strict no outlander interference policy. They would likly not rent any space within muhar and more likely to rent “plots” near the vistanti

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 08:45:27 AM »

Just make certain you pay your bill on time. The Muhar take such things seriously.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 08:57:40 AM »
Maybe a Town Center building with pre placed placeables and no NPCs could fill this role

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »
It is only a mud village of three hundred or so, so its not expected it will have a large central meeting place in the town itself beyond religious sites.

Though also on that note being a small mud village, where it was originally they may have had at some point a meeting place properly set aside outside of town so that any passing caravans / military etc would have had room to encamp comfortably without mingling with the rest of the village.

I'd assume thats where the Vistani are currently sitting, but it doesnt quite have that feel of a cleared out space that could fit a company of fifty to a hundred people.

If that area felt more like an open, desolate encampment with its own fragmented walls and one or two large tents in disrepair to use, I think that would logically be enough. Its pretty close with the ruined structures nearby but they don't feel grouped up for this purpose of hosting passing travellers. The inn near the gate to the Vistani lends itself further to the original design of the village feeling like it was meant to be that travellers would have originally set themselves.up on the east side, outside.

The main issue is dehydration if one wished to remain outside for a long period of time though, which is why tents are preferred right?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 02:52:41 PM by zDark Shadowz »