Author Topic: Summon Creature 7 to 9  (Read 466 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
Summon Creature 7 to 9
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »

So, I rarely see Summon Monster 7 to 9 used due to the off-chance that a corrupted elemental will pop up and try to kill you.

Which is fine. Elementals are really tough summons, and they even have their own feat to improve them.

However, being able to to only summon elementals from seventh circle onwards is limiting, and does put a crimp in any Summoner Builds ( as in, to call up a creature in combat to help out).

So I'm thinking, maybe a feat that changes the summonable monster from an elemental to something else? Or just a flat change, give the casters the option to call up either an elemental or a creature.

These critters could be used for such:

Seventh Circle:
Invisible Stalker
Huge Fiendish Monstrous Scorpion
Bone Devil

Eight Circle:
Celestial Dire Bear
Fiendish Dire Tiger
Gargantuan Fiendish Monstrous Spider

Ninth Circle:
Gargantuan Fiendish Monstrous Crab
Night Hag
Bebilith

To be clear, I'm not saying that each circle should have all three monsters. They're just options that I think could be implemented. After all, I don't think there's a tyrannosaurus model or an elephant one, to name a few! If anybody else has better suggestions, let's hear it!

Anyway, just a thought!

Hathor

• Dark Lord
Re: Summon Creature 7 to 9
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »
+1

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »
I am always up for new summons. While I am not saying that a summoning wizard is weak, they are not allowed as much potential rp with the current upper level summon spells. Also summoning a bebelith would be amazing for some ampc/mpc rp roles.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 11:41:54 PM »
+1 just for the giant enemy crab summon

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!