Author Topic: Summoned Balor vs Goristro hitbox issues  (Read 750 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Summoned Balor vs Goristro hitbox issues
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:16:39 PM »
I was in lysaga hill using a balor against the goristro spawns. I think there is some sort of issue where the summoned balor is not able to reach the goristro's to hit them. I tested 5 different balors, and when up against a goristro they walked right up to it, cast all their spells, then stood still and did nothing else. It is almost as if the balor is not able to reach the goristro (maybe its too big and can't reach the hitbox). This did not happen against the other enemies in the area, but happened versus every goristro.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
Shapechanged Balor cannot attack
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 12:30:28 AM »
While shapechanged into a balor it becomes impossible to attack anything with initiative rolling but no attack roll being ever made.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Shapechanged Balor cannot attack
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 01:24:09 AM »
Did you have parry mode on or something maybe?

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 01:51:35 AM »
No parry mode or anything like that. Was fighting against a goristro it could hit me but no attack was ever made yet shifting into Iron golem I could attack it.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
I'm not able to reproduce this on the test server. I shapeshifted into a Balor, the Balor had a sword and was able to make attacks with it. I don't currently have a character on the roleplaying server that can do this, so I can't test there.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »
Seems like there is an issue with the hitbox size of these two creatures unable to reach each other in combat, but not a general issue with the Balor being unable to attack.