You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lathander's Domains Available  (Read 877 times)

JackSnowolf

• New to the Mists
Lathander's Domains Available
« on: July 07, 2021, 11:50:58 AM »
Hello! I am not sure if this is the place to bring this up, but I have a question regarding Lathander:

Why dose he not have healing in his domain list?
As the Forgotten Realms wiki states – Lathander is a deity of renewal, birth and vitality, besides other domains being in his portfolio, such as sun, strength, athleticism, good and nobility.
One of his available domains for 3e is the domain of Renewal, and one of his titles is Lord of Birth and Renewal, so one would assume that fe would have some relation to the domains that represent that. Since we don't have a Life or Renewal domain, which is most definitely described not the same as the Healing domain, but, could it be considered that clerics of His fate gain access to the healing domain as a substitute of that aspect of Lathander?

Stormy

Re: Lathander's Domains Available
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 11:57:37 AM »
No god gets substitute domains, or domains that they do not have in the source book. There are actually quite a few deities that don't even get the Curse or Repose domains, since those are apparently specifically designed for Ravenloft deities.

JackSnowolf

• New to the Mists
Re: Lathander's Domains Available
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »
No god gets substitute domains, or domains that they do not have in the source book. There are actually quite a few deities that don't even get the Curse or Repose domains, since those are apparently specifically designed for Ravenloft deities.

Well, thank you for the answer.
I guess it is fair, so there is no point in arguing with the obvious facts.
Thanks!