Author Topic: Dementlieu Bellegarde Mines Ore Drops Below Water  (Read 775 times)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Dementlieu Bellegarde Mines Ore Drops Below Water
« on: July 31, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
Issue: The title says it all. The ore is incredibly hard to get, and the room is too dark even with lighting to see through the flooded water tiles. So whenever ore drops from the rocks, it drops below the waterline and is incredibly hard to see/gather.

Suggestion: Remove the water tiles from the Bellegarde mines, or another workaround I am as of yet unaware of.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
Re: Dementlieu Bellegarde Mines Ore Drops Below Water
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 07:25:12 AM »
Actually, after walking around the mines a bit more, most of this water works fine with being 100% transparent, but the water tiles used towards the back are higher-up and of a different type than those used in the front. Perhaps the water tiles just need to be updated to work with the new transparency from Beamdoggers.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 07:45:47 AM »
Actually, after walking around the mines a bit more, most of this water works fine with being 100% transparent, but the water tiles used towards the back are higher-up and of a different type than those used in the front. Perhaps the water tiles just need to be updated to work with the new transparency from Beamdoggers.

Speaking of transparent and opaque water tiles, the pool at the mage tower in Barovia is also opaque.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 10:41:50 AM »

It's the same placeable everywhere so not sure why it only works partially.

Speaking of transparent and opaque water tiles, the pool at the mage tower in Barovia is also opaque.

That's part of the tileset; it's likely a setting on your end that makes it opaque, otherwise something to report to Beamdog.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 11:59:13 AM »
I'm not sure. Multiple people see it as opaque towards the back in the Bellegarde Mines, but it makes collecting the ores there a hassle. This probably hasn't come up before because nobody wants to use the place, but for a few level 20's, it's relatively convenient to start into smithing in Dementlieu.

If/when they put Iron inside of the mines, I'd maybe fiddle with the water tileset, or just remove it from the Bellegarde mines. The effect it was intended to achieve just makes picking things up really hard, when it's opaque.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 12:20:06 PM »
Water tilesets are pretty buggy I have found depending on hardware. My Desktop has no issue rendering them all normally yet my laptop half of them end up Like some have mentioned glitching a little. Mostly I just put it down to a beambog bug/20 year old game with modern systems.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
There's also a section in the area leading towards the Drain that the water placeable is completely pitch black, and has been like that for years.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 05:46:29 PM »
There's also a section in the area leading towards the Drain that the water placeable is completely pitch black, and has been like that for years.

Water tilesets are pretty buggy I have found depending on hardware. My Desktop has no issue rendering them all normally yet my laptop half of them end up Like some have mentioned glitching a little. Mostly I just put it down to a beambog bug/20 year old game with modern systems.

I've tried to fix both areas so the water is truly transparent.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 07:27:48 PM »
These should all now be fixed + iron added.

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 05:03:32 PM »
Thanks a bunch! There is a single tile in the mine that is still wigged out, but it's to the point that it's easily manageable, since it covers the area of maybe one or two ore rocks.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 09:33:05 PM »
Thanks a bunch! There is a single tile in the mine that is still wigged out, but it's to the point that it's easily manageable, since it covers the area of maybe one or two ore rocks.

Can you screenshot the problematic ones with the minimap open?