You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Sweet Hexes  (Read 755 times)

Raven Credale

Sweet Hexes
« on: June 29, 2021, 10:17:46 AM »

Name: Wynona Rose
Height: 5'8"
Weight: Undisclosed

Eye color: Crystal Blue
Hair: Silvery white
Skin tone: Fair
Class: Hexblade

Bio:

Young, confident, and able to do whatever it takes to further her own goals. Wynona learned on the streets of Luskan that the only person you can really trust is yourself. An ex-pirate who once cursed the ships of many sailors and rivals now here in the Mists. She had been known as the 'Silver Siren' by her old crewmates of the Krakens Wrath. But before all this, Wynona had just been a normal girl before she found the sentient blade, Cer. Cer had been taken to a warehouse in Luskins Slums, it was to be sold to the highest bidder. However, the sellers did not think to check on the blade late during a moonless night. Wynona took the blade and because of this, she heard the voice.

"I can sense your misfortune and despair little girl. I can see the pain you have been through, so I make you this offer. Give yourself to my Lady, server her and share your misfortune with others. Make them feel the pain you have felt and the despair you have lived with. And I shall free you of this pain in return."

It was true, Wynona has felt no joy as she grew up. All she knew was starvation and poverty. The idea of being free of it was enough to make her agree, and so the pact was made. An eerie green glow emanated from the blade, a sign of the pact. To this day, Cer is still in her possession. Strapped to her side in the sheath, never drawn unless other wise needed. Wynona carries a second blade however to use in combat and keeps Cer in mind when she seeks allies or pawns to further her own goals. What those goals may be now, is unknown.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:41:13 PM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

Re: Sweet Hexes
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 03:01:32 AM »
From an old tarnished journal:

What a lovely sword I've found. It's precious and mine. The gold hue around the amber blade, the Raven head with ruby eyes...and it's mine. Soon...soon I will hold you again my precious blade. Soon I shall give you all the blood you desire...

Raven Credale

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 02:42:47 PM »

There's something I've come to notice with this blade I carry. When sheathed it does not chitter as much like when it's in my hand. It also seems to demand blood quite often. When it needs to feed I am restless and seek out a fight. And it is rather concerning that my actions are being influenced by this blade. But...there's the shadows and their chittering in my mind. There is also one more thing I find strange, twice now a bright glowing light has come to me in darkest hours. I am not sure if this is some ploy to the shadows and trying to sway me to 'join' them. But I am not fully certain of the light either.

I should also note that when the blade hungers, my personality seems to shift a bit, I become vindictive and impetus, my normal demeanor changes and I find myself wanting to lash out more. Even at the smallest of things I want to run my blade through something. I am aware that this is not who -I- am but rather the feelings of the one who held this sword before me. I can remember bits and pieces of the dream I had the first night the Blade was in my hands, what stood out the most was the desire for vengeance and blood. To slaughter anything that stood in my way and kneel down in fear before me. Ren...that was their name I think...that was the person I dreamt myself as while holding this sword.

Perhaps I was foolish to believe nothing terrible would happen. Two nights now my body has grown weak after the blade has had it's fill. Something tells me that if I cannot resist the influence of the sword, the voices I hear chittering in my head while holding the blade will become a bigger problem than another Mysterious man wanting to gut me for it. I do have to wonder though...Could there be a way to purify this blade of it's malice and fury?

Writing all this won't get me answers and neither will killing everything I come across. I'll need to find a way to get the answers I seek, there must be someone around these lands that can tell me more about this blade and what made it come to be.

Raven Credale

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:28:20 AM »

The blade is back in my hands, seems the shades were the ones who took it after all. But...the woman in the Vistani Camp, I asked her about it and what she told me is... unsettling. I know this blade is corrupting me. I know that I need to find a way to get rid of it or destroy it.

That last card she showed me...even if it was a tarokk card I can guess what the last one was based on her reaction to it.

Evil powers at work in these lands. I need to build up my will to resist the blades influence. I hate feeling like I am something's puppet for their amusement. Even if I have done wrong in the past. Even if I did not go about lawful things in a Good manor... I've not stepped outside my own morals or code. This blade...

I remember that in one of the stories Ren ran from a cave of Basalisks. In fact it was the only time he ran from a fight. Perhaps I can find a similar cave and throw this blade in. Maybe find a Priestess that can ward the cave from shadows too? I'm not sure how that would go, blessings aren't really my thing.

Raven Credale

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 08:26:10 PM »
From an old tattered journal:

"So, the blade has been taken from me and from what I was told my body had been burned in a fire. Seems whatever fate demes for me is not over just yet as I was brought back to the living world in this misty hell. It's also come to my attention of who has the cursed sword now. My only hope is that Lady Doom brings misfortune to them as the blade is not a thing to toy with. I've seen it's history, I know the course it is on and whom it will drag down to a prisoned grave. Those who took it are playing the game the sword had set in motion from the start. And it is amusing to see them flounder in how their plan will utterly backfire. The payment the sword wants is blood, and that payment grows more and more. I wonder if those that took the blade fully understand what it is. What's really tied to. Those drow woman are pathetically stupid for thinking they could handle the blade. Mages and Clerics only anger it since they do not have what the blade wants. They do not have the means to lift or use it properly.

But let them try. Let them waist their life force away and feed my precious blade as it drains them of their sanity with each passing day. The one who holds it will slaughter her sister and house in cold blood then the blade will come back to me with the help o the shades. I know it will come back to me. It did before and even if my body has been burned, I still feel the tether to my blade. My Golden blade of Ren.

Do make your way back home soon my darling blade, we've still so much to do, you and I. And if possible, slaughter those that stole you from me.

But I need allies, where Ren went wrong I will not. Isolation will not make me stronger for my blade. It only holds me back from my goals...this cannot be tolerated. Not if my goals depend on me possessing my darling blade...Even though I am well aware of what the price for such goals will be...if all else fails anyways. I am not so consumed by the blade that I do not know what must be done...and if the payment for such is my life...then so be it."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 08:42:49 PM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 08:55:41 AM »
From and old tarnished journal:

"As the days slowly go by and the nights get colder, I'm still feeling the pull the sword has on me. Truth be told, it feels as though I am gaining a second personality because of this. One half desires the blade and wants to murder anyone that has it or tries to take it, while the other half wants to find a way to destroy or purify the blade so it's no longer a threat. I can say that even in the past hexed and cursed items have never had this much of an effect on me. And...there's still the matter of finding Cer, the first cursed blade I had. I knew, the curse on that was a minor one and one that wouldn't alter my mind or warp it like the Gold blade of Ren. Cer was more of an...empowerment for my curses.

I am still troubled by the tarrokk cards the old Vistani woman showed me from the other day. The first three showed the past, present and future for the sword.

The past, being Ren. The present being myself and the future...being a cell or prison of sorts. That isn't to concerning, however it was the next three cards that I need to worry about.

The inverted Knight, the thief, and lastly...The devil, or the Dark forces as the Vistani woman put it. She did advise me to rid myself of the blade as soon as possible if I had any hope of surviving. And it did bring me some comfort that she could tell there was a shadow like force following me when I had the blade. Her vardo seemed well equiped to Ward off whatever may have been affecting me and give me my own senses again. I didn't hear the chittering shades during that whole reading.

But, it doesn't ease what has been done already. I look far older than Twenty Three now. If I had to guess, I would say I look to be in my mid eighty's maybe seventies? So it is without a doubt that I would have been reduced to a pile of bones that the sword would have possessed or worse...turned my soul into a shade itself.

Perhaps that is what it meant by "Join us". The longer the person uses the blade or has it in their possession, the more they degenerate until the soul is plucked from the body. Then molded and twisted into a specter like the one that attacked me. It is a hunch but perhaps Ren was not the first to own this blade? Perhaps the Chorus of Specters are the unfortunate souls that fell victim to the blade?

Which...in a sense gives me a bit of a reason to find a way to break this curse on the sword more. I hate the idea of souls suffering after death. Even if they were once good or evil in the living world. In death they should not suffer like this.

Hmm...odd how I wish to curse the living with such unfortunate ends, while I wish the dead no further suffering. Rather ironic that I do one thing for Lady Doom and one for the Raven Queen. You wouldn't think those two would get along or want to be in the same ideals. Ah well, humans, we are odd creatures in the end if all things are put aside."

Raven Credale

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 01:30:32 AM »
From an old Tarnished Journal:

"I'm finally back to myself again. Free of the blades influence and that mind numbing desire to kill for no reason other than to kill. However there was not a price to this. My body has aged to a point that I'm certain my life force is cut even shorter than a regular humans. I'm old...Middle aged at best. But no so old where I can't lift my sword and shield. A pity really, my youth stolen because I was to stupid to consider how weak minded I am. I'd say that given the look of my reflection I'm either 46 or 47 in age appearance. But...I will have to deal with this none the less.

Suppose others can just call me crone or old hag now rather than Wynona or Wyn. Maybe I'll walk into the mist...I'm not really sure what to do with myself any more."

Raven Credale

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 01:35:58 AM »

((Wyn at the end of the Tarnished Gold event. Image not mine but it works!))

Edit: ((I lied! This is what Wyn looks like after the Tarnished Gold Event. Image still not mine but it's better. *Clearly someone has smacked this player up side the head with a new paper rolled up*))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:05:16 AM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 03:36:43 PM »
From a tarnished journal:

"After a night of contemplation and theorizing, I've come to accept what has happened to me. The nightmares are still there though but rather than see it as something to fear, I see it more as something to learn from. The hearts of mortals are strange things. We desire things without full understanding of why. And so, it makes it easier for items or people to take advantage of others. I'm not to mortified by my appearance, if anything it sort of suits my silver hair now in a way.

But this is a lesson I should keep to heart, never blindly take something that should remain buried. Less headaches tend to happen and I remain free of disgusting puppet strings and spider webs.

My how I hate spiders and their webs of lies.

Raven Credale

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 12:54:35 PM »
From a tarnished Journal:

"Never thought I'd be the one to save a life in these lands. Grant it, I could have left the body in the mountains but...perhaps I've still some moral compass to me. Some part that still thinks 'This isn't how this person should end. There's not enough misfortune to satisfy Lady Doom's pallet'. And another that believes the dead should remain dead so that The Raven Queen can collect the memories. But alas, I am one to let my Lady have her fun with passing misfortune to those she sees fit a while longer. Or to at lest revel in the rest of what she is about. Personally I care little for the random Mischiefs, I'd rather see what the Earthlanders call Karma get the best of people. It's ironically humorous to witness. Still...I remember the life taken due to the Blade of Ren. Those moments with the sword still haunt me...and hearing the Chorus, even if it is just a memory of what was said, still makes my skin crawl. I'm still very ashamed of myself for allowing the blade to manipulate me as it did. To turn me into a puppet and steal part of my life away. I may still only be twenty three in age but it feels as though I am thirty seven now. How brittle we humans are...and how easily toyed with we can be. It's hysterical to think those of my race have lasted as long as we have. Perhaps some are more strong willed than others. Perhaps some just know what to do when in contacted with items such as the Blade of Ren.

I know that I must better myself. I must steel my mind if I want to track down other items like that sword in the future. It was to powerful for me, I will admit this fact and say that I am glade it was taken from me. It gave me time to regain myself and how I am. To push the blades influence and the need for it out of my mind. I suppose in a medical sense, the blade is similar to how one would have needed a drug substance to feel normal. Without the substance the person would suffer from withdrawal syndromes til they managed to over come the need. Perhaps, I'll stay away from looking for items like the sword and just curse those who need a visit from Lady Doom."