Author Topic: Voracious buff being lost on server reset (doesn't happen every time)  (Read 757 times)

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
If you have the voracious buff and you're offline when the server crashes/resets (I can only confirm this if offline) it seems you lose this buff more often than not. The last reset has stripped this from me, but the one prior did not, but I heard of others losing it.

This is the first time I've played with the feat so I'm not sure if this is intended, but I've heard others have grumbled about it in the past but I cannot find any post to suggest this was reported before.

Recreate: Have the voracious buff then rejoin the server following a reset.

Ideas: None.

Hathor

• Dark Lord
I get this issue as well.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
I can confirm you are not the only one.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Voracious used to lose the buff every reset when it was initially introduced. To my understanding that hasn't changed. Good practice to get into is to find yourself an easy bandit cave picking and regain it

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
The fact that it should have an IRL week long duration and that it doesn't get removed everytime seems like it is a bug that had not been reported, but searching again now it's bringing up many results, so I don't know what happened when I did search (I ensured I was searching the forum as a whole and not any sub-section, it was spelt correctly and I tried several times) but I found this from EO a few years ago:

So it seems like it should be persisting and did a single time for me (Only had 2 tests, so it's a 50/50 in my experience so far)

We'll hear whether or not this is true once the devs look into it.

As for the quick fix of munching on a weak bandit, that works well enough, but for a feat where if found in the act SHOULD have dire consequences, it's not ideal to have to take this risk daily.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
Can confirm this happened to me and given the NCE finding bandits to chow on is not exactly easy given how the caves are nearly perma hunted.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
I can provide some answers to questions. Also, yes, if I recall there was an issue few years back with the carry over causing permenant buffs and this was exploitable so things went back to the old way where it went missing after reset. As Voracious was not in the interest to be ehavily focused this was not revisted. There are several sources one can aquire the buff. But, in fairness you'll ahve to find out for yourselves. Though I highly recommend in refraining from consuming NPC's with out dm consent and for the fact it raises your OCR regardless of actions. This isn't often mentioned but learned and to keep folks from making such mistakes less playing an AMPC I avoid this. Also be mindful of the Descriptor there is some confusions but some research on Voracious will lead you to some searches that may help better your Voracious roleplay and activity with the feat.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
I can provide some answers to questions. Also, yes, if I recall there was an issue few years back with the carry over causing permenant buffs and this was exploitable so things went back to the old way where it went missing after reset. As Voracious was not in the interest to be ehavily focused this was not revisted. There are several sources one can aquire the buff. But, in fairness you'll ahve to find out for yourselves. Though I highly recommend in refraining from consuming NPC's with out dm consent and for the fact it raises your OCR regardless of actions. This isn't often mentioned but learned and to keep folks from making such mistakes less playing an AMPC I avoid this. Also be mindful of the Descriptor there is some confusions but some research on Voracious will lead you to some searches that may help better your Voracious roleplay and activity with the feat.

Actually there has never been such an exploit; the carry over thing is a bug we haven't been able to fix.

As for OCR, this only applies if the character eats NPCs, not bandits or other human encounters.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Thanks Eo
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power

I believe what you're referring to isn't the cause of permanent buffs as it's never had that since conception as EO mentioned. However on the NCE it was rolled out, it was noticed by multiple players and MPCs that it stacked. Which meant you could just keep eating corpses and your con and str scores would skyrocket. Furthermore it would reduce a corpse to a skull in mere moments which was not a great experience for new or NCE players. That particular exploit has since been fixed some time ago
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 09:21:25 PM by PrimetheGrime »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Voracious buff being lost on server reset (doesn't happen every time)
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »
This should now be fixed.