Author Topic: Athasian Halflings in game stats do not match the subrace resource listing  (Read 369 times)

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
Where: In game after creating a halfling and selecting Athasian Halfling (ECL1) as the subrace and selecting any 2 backgrounds.

When: Tested last night BST evening time on two characters, happened both times.

What: On the subrace resource here it lists Athasian Halflings as getting +4 dex and +2 wis (A total of +2 str, +4 dex and +2 wis total including base halfling modifiers, this is currently only +2 str, +2 dex and +2 wis, taking into account base halfling mods again)

Recreate: Make an Athasian Halfling on the test server or RP server and check the stat changes.

Ideas: The subrace resouce is likely out of date due to the update "Curfew." here but the changes made were not listed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:05:56 AM by Duayne »

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Did you chose the Athasian halfling or the Rhul Than [Other athasian halfling?

Duayne

• Undead Slayer
Athasian Halfling. I'll clarify that in the post, thanks. Simply stating "Athasian" left 2 options open

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Quote from:  Changelog
- Made minor balance adjustments to Athasian Halflings, Rhul-Thaun and Desert Dwarves.

I confirm the stats have been adjusted not long ago, we simply forgot to update the entry on the forum. Athasian Halflings now get +2 Wis, +2 Str on top of regular halflings adjustment (-2 Str, +2 Dex).

The thing to understand is that the Dark Sun races were initially converted using the 2nd Edition to 3e conversion rules long before official 3rd edition stats were released. The recent overhaul of our PC resources section made us review our entire lineup of races and we adjusted some of those to match offical stats. I'll update the Athasian halflings entry.

You can consult the official pnp stats here.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.