Author Topic: Hexblade Doom Hound Loses it's Charisma Modifier when Attacked  (Read 405 times)

Forte

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • He is a king whom emperors have served.
The Hound of Doom seems to outright lose its charisma bonus to attack, and AC, when hit once after engaged. 

Caster Level(s): Hexblade 3
Innate Level: 3
School: Illusion
Descriptor(s): Shadow
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Short
Area of Effect / Target: Point
Duration: 1 Round / Level
Additional Counter Spells:
Save: None
Spell Resistance: No

The caster shapes the essence of the Plane of Shadow to create a powerful doglike companion that serves him loyally for the duration of the spell. The hound of doom has the statistics of a dire wolf with the following adjustments:

-Deflection bonus to Armor Class equal to the caster's Charisma bonus
-Hit points equal to the caster's full normal hit points
-Uses the caster's base attack bonus instead of its own

This works in the beginning part of the spell, as seen here; It is summoned, and then promptly hits its opponent during testing;

However, after it is hit, the AB, AC, and other related stats seem to outright lose their bonuses and not work correctly, meaning you just have a very mediocre summon that has nowhere near the power of its caster. It lost the caster's charisma bonus (3, for reference). I do not have a screenshot of the character card prior to the debuff, but the combat log does show it.

I will likely go to replicate this on the Test Server, but each time it was summoned and then hit promptly in a fight, it lost its Charisma bonuses as a whole.

[ extended log here to show it actively just vanishing with its bonus; https://i.imgur.com/jzCyVkJ.png ]
Dzenifér Uralkodó - HATEFUL

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Hexblade Doom Hound Loses it's Charisma Modifier when Attacked
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 12:45:41 PM »
I've found the cause and will fix it.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Hexblade Doom Hound Loses it's Charisma Modifier when Attacked
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 09:38:01 PM »
This should now be fixed.