Author Topic: Ooze City  (Read 884 times)

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
Ooze City
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:59:34 PM »
This is like the fourth time this has happened to me. I go in to make a corpse save because the transitions in Ooze City cannot be accessed if there are even a few oozes near the transition. People basically walk in and intend to leave as soon as they enter but cannot. All the oozes are leashed to one area in the map. You can't get to the body on the ground cause there's so many oozes. You can't clear the oozes on the ground cause they respawn infinitely. By the time you actually get a chance to clear the oozes on the ground, there's already more oozes rushing you. At this point it becomes an issue where you cannot even interact with the game in the way you intend because of the sheer amount of enemies and MASSIVE corpses on screen that prevent you from being able to target what it is that you wish to target. It gets so bad sometimes the only option is to die or ask for DM intervention cause you cannot even control your character.

Can we possibly remove the loot from the corpses in Ooze City to make this at least more manageable?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 03:30:28 AM by Khornite »
"No, you." -Captain America

Death

• Undead Slayer
Re: Ooze City
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
I'll have to second this about the ooze corpses.

The ooze corpse models for the gigantic oozes actually make it difficult to click around and navigate them when they die. They keep on getting highlighted on the ground. I've experienced this a few times in the Ghoul Cabin dungeon, with the giant grave oozes, it makes it difficult to target the enemies that come out of stealth to attack, and I have to physically remove the alchemy item from the corpse to make it possible to target things in the tight corridor. I can't imagine what it would be like having to deal with four or five bunched together, in the ooze city.

A suggestion I would make would to simply make it so that the gigantic oozes despawn and leave a loot bag after death, to negate the model issue, at least. This is a quality that can be toggled on enemies in the toolset, to leave a loot bag instead of a corpse.

TLDR; Gigantic oozes leave a gigantic corpse model when they die that is hard to see and easy to hightlight unintentionally by the player.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
Probably wouldnt hurt to increase the respawn timer on oozes too.

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 07:02:55 PM »
A suggestion I would make would to simply make it so that the gigantic oozes despawn and leave a loot bag after death, to negate the model issue, at least. This is a quality that can be toggled on enemies in the toolset, to leave a loot bag instead of a corpse.

This would be the better solution, I think.
"No, you." -Captain America

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »

TLDR; Gigantic oozes leave a gigantic corpse model when they die that is hard to see and easy to hightlight unintentionally by the player.

Yes this

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 03:38:54 AM »
+1
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 08:37:25 PM »
Seems reasonable but can you list specifically which oozes are most problematic (full name).

Death

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 04:35:19 AM »
A bit of a necro, but I'll see if I can get some screenshots together of the problem oozes, with both name and visual representation sometime if I encounter them.

Kiyosa

• Undead Master
  • Tainted Dove
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 04:50:19 AM »
Seems reasonable but can you list specifically which oozes are most problematic (full name).
Ancient Black Pudding, Ancient Ochre Jelly, Massive Crystal Ooze and Massive Brown Pudding are the ones I remember.