Author Topic: Raise & ressurection  (Read 847 times)

FunkyMonkey

• New to the Mists
Raise & ressurection
« on: May 23, 2021, 10:27:09 PM »
Just spin balling a couple of ideas here

Can all non-humans have a Ocr for the law giver NPC clerics so they can not utilise them?

Is it feasible to remove ressurection from the NPCs and make it player only?
For the low level areas there are no monsters that could crit a low level to badly impaired in my experience.
It would create more to, give more consequence to death, bolster diamond use and act as a gold sink. Could add some drop items and diamonds to the table to balance it out.

What do you guys think?

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
Re: Raise & ressurection
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 10:31:44 PM »
It would be cool if the lawgiver faith only raised certain races. I always thought it was weird they obliged raising pitiful demi humans.

It would also raise the risk of venturing to certain domains (Blaustein, Hazlan) as an oustider.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:33:15 PM by HM01 »

Dardonas

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 10:34:29 PM »
It would be cool if the lawgiver faith only raised certain races. I always thought it was weird they obliged raising pitiful demi humans.

It would also raise the risk of venturing to certain domains (Blaustein, Hazlan) as an oustider.

They refuse to heal or provide services to demihumans in Nordenvall.  The only thing you can do with Lawgiver NPCs is get a resurrection, currently.

HM01

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 10:38:51 PM »

They refuse to heal or provide services to demihumans in Nordenvall.  The only thing you can do with Lawgiver NPCs is get a resurrection, currently.

It is the same at the other fanes as well, I doubt they would bring you back to life if they would turn you away while you're living.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 11:24:58 PM »

Can all non-humans have a Ocr for the law giver NPC clerics so they can not utilise them?

For the low level areas there are no monsters that could crit a low level to badly impaired in my experience.
It would create more to, give more consequence to death, bolster diamond use and act as a gold sink. Could add some drop items and diamonds to the table to balance it out.

What do you guys think?

I disagree with both of these if only because it does not add to RP better to res Demihumans so that RP can be have without having to jump through hoops and you can become badly impaired in the low level areas as has happened to me several times. Especially with MPCs. Not to mention having to hunt down a high level cleric is more of a pain than anything else especially if none are online at the moment. I think as it is now it is fine. it does not take away from RP and might be a little easy at times but better that than just waiting as a ghost with zero RP.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 11:54:17 PM »
I once found a non-human corpse in Hazlan and raised them in the Fane for the express purpose of selling them into slavery ...
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 12:17:44 AM »

What do you guys think?

I disagree with both of these if only because it does not add to RP better to res Demihumans so that RP can be have without having to jump through hoops and you can become badly impaired in the low level areas as has happened to me several times. Especially with MPCs. Not to mention having to hunt down a high level cleric is more of a pain than anything else especially if none are online at the moment. I think as it is now it is fine. it does not take away from RP and might be a little easy at times but better that than just waiting as a ghost with zero RP.

Hazlan is hostile to Demihumans. It makes perfect sense for their culture and the local roleplay, it isn't intended to be inclusive to non-humans.

I agree, it'd be better if they didn't raise them at all, there. There's a cleric inside of the Vistani Camp that can do it for them.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:24:56 AM »

What do you guys think?

Hazlan is hostile to Demihumans. It makes perfect sense for their culture and the local roleplay, it isn't intended to be inclusive to non-humans.

I agree, it'd be better if they didn't raise them at all, there. There's a cleric inside of the Vistani Camp that can do it for them.

I understand that and agree somewhat but like Ink said I think it is better that they do revive them as it only adds to RP and does not break immersion that much. Most players I know will avoid using the Fanes anyway if they are reviving a demihuman so I think it is one of those situations that is pretty self regulating and the few times it does come up better to not need a DM to help and just let RP contine like what Ink said with Raising one to add to RP of being sold into slavery.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

HM01

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 12:47:10 AM »
I mean, you sure can use the "selling into slavery" excuse, if you want. I'd keep the receipts.

How enslavement has been handled is a whole other can of worms.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:56 AM »
NPC priests that can raise the dead, systematically raise PCs of all races without discrimination out of simplicity since they all use the same script.
Those NPC exist precisely because PC clerics that can revive the fallen are not always available.

Not everything needs a roleplay reason. There is nothing to be gained by forcing characters to stay dead longer as other players try to locate another player able to raise the dead.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 07:34:25 AM »

What do you guys think?

I don't understand your first question.

It would be possible to remove resurrection from NPC's, but why would that be a good idea?

Interesting observation in point 3, but what is the context behind this?

More consequence to death, that old horse keeps getting flogged to death. If the dev team think that this needs addressing then they'll do it, it's not like people are running around killing everyone for OOC reasons, and spamming respawn trying to get to some lewt that's out of reach  :roll: ,what makes you think that there needs to be a change to death system?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 07:37:53 AM by ObsidianOrb »