Author Topic: Memoire of the Knight of Roses and Darkness  (Read 472 times)

Heresyteller

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
  • "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
Memoire of the Knight of Roses and Darkness
« on: May 24, 2021, 05:00:55 AM »

It was the night of the 22 of Mai that I, Lucien de Bellerose of House Bellerose,  have been knighted Chevalier de Magnoac a Village located to the west coast of our Serene Republic, the name of my house will not end with me after all.

After such a long time of travelling and my name being olmost forgotten by the ages, now I have returned to my home as a Knight, but this will be just my first step torwards my ambition, my family held a Marquisate and I swear to rebuild the former glory of the House of the Rose.

My research of the mysteries of the universe has been halted momentarily due to my previous focus on the council meeting, but now I cannot stop, the gathering of knowledge must not be halted, to understand the unknowable to see the unseeable.

Yet something else concerns me, something that many reminded regardless of my mild reluctance in enduring the process, a wife I must find to ensure my line will not die with me, but how can I find a worthy bride I can trust? A bride that can bear the knowledge of my true self, bear my child...What if my blood is tainted, could it be heriditary? I couldn't forgive myself to make something like this to my wife or my child, to hide such secret... I have no choice but to find wife, but she must be one I can trust with my life, one that can handle the truth that hide deep inside me.

For now I heard Magnoac suffered some mysterious disappearances, the populace blame it on reavers, but no one was able to spot them... Something isn't right, I'll be sure to go investigate and to see the conditions of my new home.

"la rose ne s'est pas encore fanée" This will be the motto that Dementliu will hear, for everyone to hear and understand, that House Bellerose is back and it's here to stay.

Heresyteller

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
Re: Memoire of the Knight of Roses and Darkness
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 06:14:34 AM »

I feel my world spinning, like a Spinning top, I spin and spin until I'll no longer move, the burden I bear is great, and amidst my unstoppable spinning I as myself, am I ready? Am I fit to lead? So many peoples bealive in me I olmost hate it, because it will be more people I'll inevitably let down I'm a Bellerose, leading is my destiny, I will be a better ruler than my predecessor, my family is no more, dead or disappered, I'm alone, trapped in a constant state of paranoia and mistrust, the other houses gleefully brag of their illustrious still living family members, doing it in front of me, knowing full well of my situation. Oh how do they enjoy to be superior... But I'm a patient man, today a Chevalier, tomorrow a Duc.

Sometimes I feel I can't go on anymore, the feeling to give up everything I have, to get away from everything...d'Esperance, de Rosacier and de la Rochenoire had it easy, to just... leave and abandon the lies and facade of this disastrous political theater we call Dementliu. But after all they have done... The people they left behind, the harm they did to their houses...was it worth it? Will they think back to their past knowing they stepped on the hearts of their loved ones? Is it worth living with such guilt...instead to accept the inevitable fate that awaited them at the podium with madam guillotine? This are questions I don't know if I can answer...but if I had such loving friends and families counting in me... maybe I would have taken a different decision from theirs.

I'm Alone, trapped in this dark forest of schemes and lies, I don't know if I can trust my friends... Do they love me? They just sees me as a way for power? I don't know about this questions...But I know love is not something I can afford to have, power though...that is much more enticing.

Heresyteller

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
Re: Memoire of the Knight of Roses and Darkness
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:06:11 PM »

It has been a while since I have returned from Magnoac, many new faces showing up in the Capital, I don't know if I should feel threatened or pleased, I don't trust anyone, my only consolation in this world is my Cousin Claire, family is forever, but I can't trust those around me...They wish to use me, they underestimate me, but they will know what I'm capable of.

Trying to bond with others gets difficult, and I feel like I'm distancing myself from society...Is that a good thing? Am I being disillusioned?...No, it's just my mind playing tricks on me. These last few months have been mentally and emotionally taxing for me.

I see enemies everywhere and few friends...The only friends I ever knew I had to push them away to consolidate my position, maybe I am becoming like my uncle after all...