Author Topic: The persistent shield vanishing issue  (Read 756 times)

trsoul61

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Outlander
The persistent shield vanishing issue
« on: May 14, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
I have lost my 5th or 6th shield (sorry, stopped counting) tonight.

As before, thanks to DM Soulbourne I've got a new shield.
As the DM said, it is strange this keeps happening to me.
I wonder whether the reason might be the NWN:EE  Beamdog version of the game.
I will re-install the game using the NWN:EE game from GOG, maybe that'll help.
Or it's maybe because I always go to Krezk to change the appearance of the shield (will stop doing so).

Player name: trsoul61
Char name: Calum Laird
Discord: trsoul#1804

Dardonas

Re: The persistent shield vanishing issue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »
I lost a small shield earlier when my PC died in the Curst Cave.  Club was there, not the shield.  I can’t say it’s happened many times but I’ll just chime with the shield thing for me once earlier.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 06:36:59 AM »
Just Lost my Enchanted Steel Tower Shield today in Curst, dropped earlier it was fine but dropped it on second time it was gone.

character: Neladi Asen

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:38:37 AM by Mayvind »

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 07:12:28 AM »
Someone in an earlier thread said the issue seems to be not so much that they're vanishing, but rather when you drop them they get teleported somewhere not where your corpse was.

trsoul61

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 03:34:54 PM »
And as of today I have noticed my pair of Merchant Gloves has vanished, too. What the Dickens is wrong here?

trsoul61

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 04:33:41 PM »
And once more the Merchant Gloves vanished. I am rather close to leaving the game for good. I know they are not very expensive, but this is becoming irritating indeed. I know that today there were issues regarding stability of the server, but I've also never got a message that they had vanished.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 04:36:30 PM »
And once more the Merchant Gloves vanished. I am rather close to leaving the game for good. I know they are not very expensive, but this is becoming irritating indeed. I know that today there were issues regarding stability of the server, but I've also never got a message that they had vanished.

First of all, this isn't the place for technical requests. DMs won't check them here. However, to help investigate, I'd need more information:

1) Did you have them, then the server crashed and you no longer had them when you logged into the OOC - Main Hall? If that's the case, it's a rollback.
2) Did you lose them when bartering with a NPC or something?
3) Do you remember the moment you lost them?

This is the type of information needed to debug; without detailed information the bug won't be fixed.

trsoul61

• Outlander
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 03:17:00 PM »

Hello there and thanks for the reply!
Please see answers below. I hope the information is in any way helpful.
Thanks a lot, please let me know if you need anything else.

First of all, this isn't the place for technical requests. DMs won't check them here. However, to help investigate, I'd need more information:

1) Did you have them, then the server crashed and you no longer had them when you logged into the OOC - Main Hall? If that's the case, it's a rollback.
-> No.

2) Did you lose them when bartering with a NPC or something?
-> I have had the gloves last time I've sold items to Petre. But they did not vanish then, and I think I did not take them off.

3) Do you remember the moment you lost them?
-> Not exactly. I just remember that on my way from Krofburg back to Vallaki, when transitioninig from one zone to another, the transition process was lagging/behaved in an odd way and I was suddenly back again at the transition spot. I think I wore the gloves at that time.
I also do remember that once when transitioning from the zone with the beekeeper to Vallaki, the server behaved odd as well, and then a sword I held in my hand had vanished.

This is the type of information needed to debug; without detailed information the bug won't be fixed.

trsoul61

• Outlander
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
It happened again after several weeks - I saved, logged out in a room of the Lady's Resting Place, and went to bed.
Two days later I logged in again, and there had been a server reset. I teleported to the room I was in before logging out from the OOC Hall.
When I arrived and checked my inventory, the bloody shield was gone again. I have had it in my inventory when logged out before, and logging in the item had vanished - unfortunately I did not get any message whatsoever that I could screenshot.
Frankly, I am close to giving up playing which I would hate.
Thanks again to DM Soulbourne I now got a new shield, but always asking for a replacement shield cannot be a serious solution.