Author Topic: Frozen wild shape bug  (Read 597 times)

Hammercakes

• New to the Mists
  • Death Gaze
Frozen wild shape bug
« on: May 13, 2021, 09:01:15 PM »
My druid is level 6, she took Frozen wild shape at level 5 her first time around.  After todays forced relevel, she no longer has frozen wild shape on her feat list.  Even after doing everything the exact same. 

So either it's bugged now, or her getting it the first time was a bug.  I would like to know which, as the change is RP breaking.
Amenia Tir'ein:          Wandering Bard
Marloes Rhuli:           Child of Winter

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Frozen wild shape bug
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:06:08 PM »
I don't see how your Druid could have had Frozen Wild Shape at 5 since you need 6 Fortitude to get Frozen Wild Shape, which you get at 8. That hasn't changed.

Hammercakes

• New to the Mists
  • Death Gaze
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 04:49:23 AM »

Here is a list of the feats I had at level 6.  Also, another Druid friend of mine was able to take frozen at level 5, and scorching at level 6, during their re-level.

I think there is some confusion, as I had a 6 fort save at level 5.  is it base fort save, or total?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:57:19 AM by Hammercakes »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 05:16:05 PM »
Were you multiclassed? If so, that might explain it. You need 6 Fortitude and Wild Shape, so a level 5 druid/1 Fighter would meet the prerequisites. Otherwise, a pure druid will only get it at level 8; that hasn't been changed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 05:26:21 PM by EO »

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
Were you multiclassed? If so, that might explain it. You need 6 Fortitude and Wild Shape, so a level 5 druid/1 Fighter would meet the prerequisites. Otherwise, a pure druid will only get it at level 8; that hasn't been changed.

Does Fortitude save not also include your Constitution modifier?
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:31:02 PM »
Does Fortitude save not also include your Constitution modifier?

Not as a prerequirement; it's base save.

Hammercakes

• New to the Mists
  • Death Gaze
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 08:29:25 AM »

Pure Druid.  It showed up for me to take at level 5.  When my Fort save was 6 (Including +2 from con).  And as I said, another pure druid was able to take it at level 5 during their relvel.

It's becoming available when it shouldn't in some cases it seems.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:35:13 AM by Hammercakes »

Rainor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »
While releveling my druid, I was able to take Frozen wildshape at lvl 5, and Scorching Wildshape at lvl 6

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 10:55:02 AM »
It does indeed become available from 4 to 5 if you have 6 fortitude at level 4 due to a +2 con modifier. Checked this on toolset and using SetCON with a character that didn't have feats that affected saving throws (as i've found before that Luck of Heroes isn't included toward the fortitude count).

If you are still 14+ con then there really is no reason it shouldnt be appearing aside from a 2da hak or override conflict, or some other extremely queer, unlikely factor (like being 13 con at char generation and forgetting to take a point in con at level 4)

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2021, 10:57:13 AM »
Interesting; this would also affect the Resist Energy feats, among others. Looks like a change with EE.