You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New characters spawn stuck in OOC hall  (Read 1058 times)

Collin

• New to the Mists
New characters spawn stuck in OOC hall
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:52:54 AM »
Name:

Where:
OOC hall/Character creation room

When:
Whenever I create a new character.

What:
Today I tried creating three new Voodan characters. Everytime I am done with the creation I spawn in the OOC hall instead of the character creation room.
Additionally my character seems to also be stuck and it's starting equipment is not removed.
Bara was nice enough to try and fix this for me, he managed to get me to the character creation room but I am still stuck and have the starting equipment.
I am still able to play fine on my main character.

My newly created bugged characters are named:
Gor'Pax
Fen'Gol
Fen'Gor

Recreate:
Unsure if it is just me, but assuming I am the first to report this I am afraid it is bound my account somehow.
Confirmed to be non specific to me.

Ideas:
N/A

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:33:05 AM by Collin »

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: New characters spawn stuck in OOC hall
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:29:10 AM »
Not unique to this player. I have just created a brand new character of my own [BetaTestDrone] and it too, appears in the OOC room. Not a Voodan either - Just a generic Barbarian - With the standard starting equipment.

Vlad Dezhikov

• New to the Mists
Re: New characters spawn stuck in OOC hall (Tobi Haldentold)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 09:03:25 AM »
Name:
Tobi Haldentold

Where:
OOC hall

When:
Whenever I create a new character.

What:
Today I tried creating new Bard character. I am stuck in the OOC hall.

Collin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »
After reset it now shows the following

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:38:18 AM »
That probably means you should get a teleport from a DM, to the new character area.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 11:48:30 AM »
That probably means you should get a teleport from a DM, to the new character area.

I do not know the exact issue, but this will require more than just a simple teleport to the new character area. The default nwn gear is still there, which means there are more than just the teleport part of the script that didn't work.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »

I do not know the exact issue, but this will require more than just a simple teleport to the new character area. The default nwn gear is still there, which means there are more than just the teleport part of the script that didn't work.

Yes, I can confirm no scripts fired for my test character, no ability to set subraces, traits, select my setting etc. You just appear as a fresh level 1.

I don't even remember getting the prompt to hit level 2 - And there's no prompt to read the server rules either.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
I'm just gonna bump this because I encountered a brand new player whose character was locked and they were unable to do anything and were asking for help.
: )

ThatOneGeneralGuy

• Monstrous
  • Outlander
  • Player of Arelia, Tezoh, Ymir, and many more.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 10:22:09 PM »
Bumping this as well, have the same issue. No prompts or anything for subrace, setting, etc.
Wealth beyond measure, outlander.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 01:25:13 AM »
Could you list your logins/character names (for the characters that encountered the issue), what server (roleplay/action) and what game version you are running?

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 02:06:21 AM »
Something else I noticed in that inventory screen - no PC Data Object. Could that be the problem?
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 03:06:58 AM »
Could you list your logins/character names (for the characters that encountered the issue), what server (roleplay/action) and what game version you are running?

Login Name - JustMonika
Character Name - BetaTestDrone
Server - Roleplay
Gave version - Current Dev build.

Collin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 06:26:09 AM »

Playing on the roleplay server, tried making another character today and still the same. I'm using the default version of the game provided by steam.

List of characters bugged
Fen'Gol
Fen'Gor
Goi'Pax
Gor'Pax

My login name is "Collin"

Something else I noticed in that inventory screen - no PC Data Object. Could that be the problem?

After server reset is seemed to have spawned a "Character Attributes" item in my inventory, but not the PC object one.

Bara was nice enough to try and fix this for me, he managed to get me to the character creation room but I am still stuck and have the starting equipment.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:32:52 AM by Collin »

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 01:50:55 AM »
I've tried to make some fixes - could you check if this issue persists? It may be that you have to create new characters, but if any of you experience it with characters made after this  last update, please post here.

Thanks!

Collin

• New to the Mists
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 07:59:40 AM »
I've tried to make some fixes - could you check if this issue persists? It may be that you have to create new characters, but if any of you experience it with characters made after this  last update, please post here.

Thanks!

Seems to be working as intended, thanks for the quick fix!