Author Topic: Warding Gesture (Undead) may not be working  (Read 659 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Warding Gesture (Undead) may not be working
« on: May 10, 2021, 10:33:57 PM »
I took warding gesture (undead) on a lvl 7 sorcerer cleric 1 (total lvl 8 ) character, and it does not seem to be working. According the feat description, with my boosted +7 CHA modifier, I should be able to fear undead that fail a DC 21 will save. I tested this feat 9 times on groups of skeleton knights in the crypts; so far it has not worked.

Since it doesnt seem likely that all these skeleton knights passed a DC 21 will save consecutively, I think that this ability may not currently be working.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:03:32 PM by tylernwn »

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Warding Gesture (Undead) may not be working
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 11:13:05 PM »
I took warding gesture (undead) on a lvl 7 sorcerer cleric 1 (total lvl 8 ) character, and it does not seem to be working. According the feat description, with my boosted +7 CHA modifier, I should be able to fear undead that fail a DC 21 will save. I tested this feat 9 times on groups of skeleton knights in the crypts; so far it has not worked.

Since it doesnt seem likely that all these skeleton knights passed a DC 21 will save consecutively, I think that this ability may not currently be working.

Warding gesture works in a cone, so if they are behind you or to the sides they wont be effected.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 01:00:57 AM »
I used it today. Working as far as I can tell.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »

Warding gesture works in a cone, so if they are behind you or to the sides they wont be effected.

I’ll try again tonight, and make sure it was not because I was facing the wrong way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:08:49 AM by tylernwn »

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 06:10:20 PM »
I think it wasnt working because I was invisible

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:11:42 PM »
I think it wasnt working because I was invisible

Yeah, they have to see you make the gesture. That's not a bug.