Author Topic: Waterbreathing spell not applying to Slaad form  (Read 741 times)

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
Waterbreathing spell not applying to Slaad form
« on: May 10, 2021, 05:01:16 AM »
What:When the waterbreathing spell is cast even if I am in Slaad form the spell does not effect me at all

Recreate:Have someone shapechange into Slaad form and then cast waterbreathing with a second Char

Ideas: I do wonder if Slaads were ment to have waterbreathing anyway and that is why it does not effect them. Sadly I did not think to test with the other Shapechange forms or Polymorph but I suspect the same issue applys to them as well.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Re: Waterbreathing spell not applying to Slaad form
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 10:53:00 AM »
What:When the waterbreathing spell is cast even if I am in Slaad form the spell does not effect me at all

Recreate:Have someone shapechange into Slaad form and then cast waterbreathing with a second Char

Ideas: I do wonder if Slaads were ment to have waterbreathing anyway and that is why it does not effect them. Sadly I did not think to test with the other Shapechange forms or Polymorph but I suspect the same issue applys to them as well.

I have seen this bug in the lower level of the shipwreck dungeon a lot of times. We thought it was because the water breathing wards were running out too early, but now that you mention it... it always happened to whoever was in black slaad form.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 10:55:17 AM by tylernwn »

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:06 AM »

I have seen this bug in the lower level of the shipwreck dungeon a lot of times. We thought it was because the water breathing wards were running out too early, but now that you mention it... it always happened to whoever was in black slaad form.

I’ll let a DM/Dev confirm this but I was previously told that was intentional by design. A few weeks past, I had the same issue in Iron Golem form.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »
It's not a bug, it was just never supported. I'll add support though.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 08:38:14 AM »
A fix for this is on the test server is someone wants to test.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »
This should now be fixed.