You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hak-test: Warmage Multiclass Wizard  (Read 429 times)

Dardonas

Hak-test: Warmage Multiclass Wizard
« on: May 09, 2021, 12:20:06 AM »
This build is using a 15/5 Wizard/Warmage multiclass.  Here are the issues I found when testing:

1) Arcane Spell Failure while in Light Armor and using wizard spells.

2) Warmage's Edge and Extra Edge do not apply to Wizard spells.  I am unsure if this is intended or not, but I figured I'd be thorough since the feat doesn't have any descriptor to suggest it shouldn't work for multiclassed Warmages.  Spells tested: Horrid Wilting, Acid Fog, Acid Sheath

Spoiler: show

With an int modifier of +9 and 5 warmage levels, I believe it should be a +11 extra damage on spells per spell level?  I'm still iffy on the exact calculation.

Edit: I see in the writeup the spell failure is only meant for Warmage spells.  Though, the writeup for Warmage's edge still indicates that it's any damage spells.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:54:35 AM by Dardonas »

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
Re: Hak-test: Warmage Multiclass Wizard
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 12:41:00 AM »
to quickly reply
i believe i read in one of the warmage threads that nothing warmage specific works with non-warmage spells
so you'd have to cast warmage spells to not have light armor failure
and youd have to use warmage spells to use the EDGE
but thats just what i think ive read and i could be losing it

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Hak-test: Warmage Multiclass Wizard
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »
Mmm, the feat does say specifically it only applies to spells cast by the warmage. Here's the original version on the forums, and the reworked version:

Forums:
Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Warmage level 1.
Specifics: A warmage is specialized in dealing damage with his spells. Whenever he casts a warmage spell that deals hit point damage, he adds his Intelligence bonus (if any) per spell level (minimum 1) to the amount of damage dealt. This extra damage cannot exceed the maximum damage the spell could do. A single spell can never gain this extra damage more than once per casting. For instance, a Fireball deals the extra damage to all creatures in the area it affects. However, if a warmage casts Isaac's Greater Missile Storm, only the first missile gains the extra damage. If a spell deals damage for more than 1 round, it deals this extra damage in each round.
Use: Automatic.

In-game (or something very similar; the last sentence covers it):

Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Warmage level 1.
Specifics: Whenever a warmage casts a spell that deals hit point damage, he adds his Intelligence bonus (if any) per spell level (minimum 1) to the amount of damage dealt. This extra damage cannot exceed the maximum damage the spell would do without it. A spell can never gain this extra damage more than once per casting. For instance, a Fireball deals the extra damage to all creatures in the area it affects. However, only the first missile of Isaac's Greater Missile Storm gains the extra damage. If a spell deals damage for more than 1 round, it deals this extra damage in each round.

The bonus damage applies only to spells that he casts as a warmage, not to those he might have by virtue of levels in another class.
Use: Automatic.