You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New (beta) EE version font changes causes issues with various display text.  (Read 558 times)

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
In the new EE beta version, the font has changed. There may be a way to change it back which I'm not aware of, and this may not make it to the release version, who knows. But I wanted to report this so the team was aware. This font change has changed how various things in the server are displayed to the user.

I initially opened this up as just noting area descriptions, but I'm finding more as I'm running around. So I'm making this more of a "general" thread to report new issues with the font.

The dashes used for linebreaks now wrap over to the next line. Not gamebreaking by any means, and certainly no rush needed to fix. But I figured a place to report these might be beneficial to the development team.

Area Descriptions:

Weather Notifications:

Failed Saves vs Weather:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:28:21 PM by Iolantir »

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
My font has been like this for a month. I don't think it's a bug.
It's just the new font.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
My font has been like this for a month. I don't think it's a bug.
It's just the new font.

I just noticed it after getting the beta version.
Definitely not a "bug" but I wasn't sure where else to report it, if it's even something the development team wants to tackle.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Yeah, we may need to review some of the formatting on text. If you notice it elsewhere, can you report it here?

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
Yeah, we may need to review some of the formatting on text. If you notice it elsewhere, can you report it here?

Sure. I'll edit the initial post as I find them (added one today).