Author Topic: Trent Menden - A thief in the mists  (Read 500 times)

SwordChucks

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • What me worry?
Trent Menden - A thief in the mists
« on: April 28, 2021, 10:09:46 PM »

SwordChucks

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Undead Master
  • What me worry?
Re: Trent Menden - A thief in the mists
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 10:23:47 PM »
The City of Splendor its called.  Waterdeep.

Peoples and creatures from all of Toril come to the great city to buy and sell just about everything, anything and sometimes anyone.  This was my home for as long as I could remember.  Don't bother to ask me about my parents, I never new them so I suppose that means I cant hate them for abandoning me, perhaps they were abject asses, who knows?

What I do know is I grew up an orphan in the Field Ward, the poorest and filthiest section of the city. Not quite so splendid.  If you were smart you would join a street gang, protection was important and lone wolves didn't last very long. If you were stupid... well, lets just say if you were stupid you ended up on a slaver wagon to some far of country.  I like to think I was smart.

I didn't have much, but I hate my mates, and I had Old Krunk, a fence for the (Former - Thanks to some blasted hero types) thieves guild who fed you and kept a roof over your head, so long as you produced. I produced. I learned pretty quickly how to pick most simple locks and before my current predicament I was starting to learn much harder locks.  I could move without a sound, blend into the shadows like I lived there, and best of all, I could keep my mouth shut if the city guard came asking questions.

Oh my current predicament you ask?  Aye, well that's interesting and most likely a story for another day, but suffice to say I owed a rather large and violent man a fair amount of coin for some work that went sideways, and I found myself in his employ working a home in the Northward - where the rich folk lived. What I didnt know was this particular noble had hired a wizard to keep any potential thieves out and I found myself sitting in a wine cellar waiting for the city guard to arrive and take me away.

Suddenly it got real misty...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:39:42 PM by SpaceGhost »