You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Valid Hallowed Witch class combinations?  (Read 972 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Valid Hallowed Witch class combinations?
« on: April 30, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »
Hi,

I am playing a character that I hope will one day become a Hallowed Witch. I wanted to inquire about the valid class combinations.

Requirements:
Alignment: True Neutral
Feats: Spell Focus (Divination or Enchantment).
Skills: Lore 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks.
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd-level arcane spells and 2nd-level divine spells.
Roleplay: The character must be indoctrinated into the mysteries of the Weave by another Hallowed Witch.
Racial Origins: Hallowed Witches must be native to the domains of the Demiplane of Dread.

Valid Class Combinations:
Wizard/Cleric/Hallowed Witch?
Wizard/Druid/Hallowed Witch?

Invalid Class Combinations:
Sorcerer/Cleric/Hallowed Witch?
Sorcerer/Druid/Hallowed Witch?

The combination I am hoping to go for is Wizard/Druid/Hallowed Witch. I just wanted to verify that this is a valid combination before getting to work on the roleplay and in-game requirements needed to qualify for this class.

Glass Cannon

• Dark Power
  • Friendly Merchant
Re: Valid Hallowed Witch class combinations?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 03:27:00 PM »
I think Sorceror combos are allowed, they're just not recommended because they don't get their spells from Hallowed Witch levels properly.
"Aristocrats and criminals have a lot in common. They’re both selfish, get bored easily, and have access to wads of cash they didn’t have to work honestly to get. The topper? Neither have any interest in bourgeois rules or morality."

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »
All spontaneous casting classes do qualify but as Glass Cannon says above, they're not recommended because they do not receive a selection of spells on their Hallowed Witch levels. Druids are acceptable and the wikia even lists Rangers as a possibility. Your mileage may vary on quality of the build.

Check out the wiki 'ere. https://nwnravenloft.fandom.com/wiki/Hallowed_Witch

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 03:56:43 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!