You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Fang Stealing Priests! (when rezzing pet)  (Read 630 times)

Mystic Mari

• New to the Mists
Fang Stealing Priests! (when rezzing pet)
« on: April 27, 2021, 05:33:36 PM »

Where:
This happened in the Morninglord Temple inside of Vallaki

When:
When asking to revive a pet at the same time someone does.

What:
I think two people are required for this, call them A and B. Both persons have a dead animal companion.
Person A uses companion on priest, priest takes money and begins to cast.. before they finish casting.. player B uses corpse on priest, priest takes money.. then only revives player Bs companion... leaving player A out of their money... thus robbed by the priest.. heh

Recreate:
See above

Ideas:
Seems just interacting with the priest too quickly can cancel the person before yous action. So maybe just like Petre will tell you he is busy and to wait a moment.. maybe they should too?
A Dm was able to correct this for me by rping the Priest casting the rez spell on my pet.. so I have no unresolved issue, just reporting the bug per their request! :D

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
Re: Fang Stealing Priests! (when rezzing pet)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 06:02:16 AM »

Where:

When:

What:
I think two people are required for this, call them A and B. Both persons have a dead animal companion.
Person A uses companion on priest, priest takes money and begins to cast.. before they finish casting.. player B uses corpse on priest, priest takes money.. then only revives player Bs companion... leaving player A out of their money... thus robbed by the priest.. heh

Recreate:
See above

Ideas:
Seems just interacting with the priest too quickly can cancel the person before yous action. So maybe just like Petre will tell you he is busy and to wait a moment.. maybe they should too?
A Dm was able to correct this for me by rping the Priest casting the rez spell on my pet.. so I have no unresolved issue, just reporting the bug per their request! :D

+1

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
I'll try to fix this.

Dardonas

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:03 AM »

Where:

When:

What:

Recreate:
See above

Ideas:

This also happens with the Vistani healer in the mist camp.  If you cycle through their dialogue too quick and ask for them to heal you while they are casting another spell on you (such as remove disease), it'll interrupt the first cast and they've already taken the gold.  I think it would also happen for the Lawgiver priest in Nordenvall Fane as well, since they charge.

The best work around currently would just be to be patient.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 08:35:32 PM »
I've tried to implement a fix for this; let me know if it causes other issues (or doesn't work).