Author Topic: [An Open Letter from the Baronesse d'Avéjan.]  (Read 572 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
[An Open Letter from the Baronesse d'Avéjan.]
« on: April 25, 2021, 07:00:57 PM »

People of Dementlieu!

The deaths of those who lead the Workers' Congress concerns us, as does the violence against the body politic of the Dementlieu by the Gendarmerie and those who occupy the Palais Dirigeant. It is hard to interpret their grisly and untimely deaths as anything but an attempt to see the voices of serve as advocates to the people silenced.

Therefore I, Arlette of House Vennier, wife of the late revolutionary hero Guillaume Vennier and ruler over the Barony of Avéjan, shall move my men-at-arms towards the people's defense and ensure no more violence is visited against them. We shall secure control over the city of Port-a-Lucine, and see it rightly delivered to those it should rightly belong to.

Liberté, Raison, Égalité.

((Countdown.))

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
Re: [An Open Letter from the Baronesse d'Avéjan.]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 09:59:39 PM »
[A response is posted publicly within Port-a-Lucine as well sent to Avéjan]

Madame la Baroness,
My name is Phillberte Gattuex, I write you not as a candidate to the council of brilliance but as a citizen to the Republique we call home. The capital has seen much bloodshed these past months. Attacks from outside as well as within have threatened to bring pain to citizens of all walks of life. The tragic loss of Mesisuers Jaques Voucher, Lefwin Estbury, and Mademoiselle Olivia Aumberden way before their time is a blow that the republique will feel for quite some time. The work these citizens have done to try and improve life for the common citizen that will be difficult to duplicate. NO CITIZEN in the Serene Republique should have to fear for their life. NO CITIZEN within the Serene Republique should worry when their next meal is coming.

I understand and applaud you taking steps to try and protect the citizens within the capital. With that said, pushing in to the city with force may not result in what you hope to achieve and may push an already tumultuous situation worse. There is a massive distrust that needs to be mended. I implore you Madame la Baroness, please allow me to speak with you outside the city to try and find a solution that will not risk further bloodshed.

Sincerely,
Mlle. Phillberte Gatteux; Assistant curator of the Musee du Port-a-Lucine
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:22:36 PM by LancerFreya »
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted