Author Topic: Poison only works once  (Read 671 times)

King Pickle

• Undead Master
Poison only works once
« on: April 16, 2021, 01:12:57 PM »
When coating a weapon with poison the on-hit effect only work for the first strike you make. Yet the on-hit effect remains on the weapon for a time, even over rest, during which if you re-coat it with poison, nothing will happen.

I tested this by using poison on several weapons, on each the poison took effect on the first hit landed but I never saw it repeat it self.

Not sure how they are intended to work but probably not like this.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Poison only works once
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
This is how it works, someone poisoned can't be poisoned again until the poison runs its course. Wait for the second, delayed poison roll to finish after the first roll (which only the enemy will see and make the save against) before you can apply a new one.

King Pickle

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
No, what I am saying is that the weapons poison on-hit effect only fires once. Doesn't matter if the enemy saves or not. Doesn't matter if you hit 100 different enemies, the poison on-hit will only apply on the first strike, on the first enemy.
Yet the weapon description holds the temporary on-hit effect for hours.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 02:51:20 AM »
Honestly, poison could use a buff. I'm in favor of making the on-hit effect last as long as varnishes do. It doesn't get used enough.

King Pickle

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »
Buff could be in place but also make them harder to use.
My no dex cleric with full plate and tower shield practically never fails in their use. No point in Assassin/Blackguard Use Poison feat.