Author Topic: The estrange Nomad  (Read 1191 times)

Raven Credale

The estrange Nomad
« on: April 16, 2021, 06:36:11 AM »

(Z without her typical armor or disguise in a possible location back in the Endless Wastes. Art done by me ^v^)

Name: Zar'Koria
Alignment: True Neutral
Class: Ranger (Only uses two blades)
Deity: Etugen (Grumbar)
Eyes: Gold
Skin: A sandy tan
Hair: Black as a ravens feathers
Oddities: Small horns on her forehead that are no more than 6 inches, usually hidden by her helm. Also those gold eyes seem...spooky in the night...clearly not normal.

Background:

When Zar'koria was born, her Tuigan parents were appalled and terrified of the "demon child". Both were confused by this and questioned why the gods would do such a horrible thing to them. They decided that it was a test from their deity, and so they abandoned her to terrors in The Endless Wastes.

However, during the night while the infant cried for her mother, a female ranger from the Oigur tribe found Zar'koria. The woman was indifferent to the infants deformities and odd body heat as she carried her back to her tribe and nursed her.

As Zar'koria grew older, she had become aware of her unnatural appearance and how others of the Oigur tribe seemed unsettled by her. Going to her psudo-Mother, she asked for the reason why she appeared as such. Her 'Mother' told her to see the tribe shaman, for she had the answer to this question.

Zar'koria listened and went to the tribe shaman. She asked her question and waited for the shaman to divine the answer from their goddess Etugen.

"In a past life, far before that of your true parents, there was a devil who bedded you great grandfather. A devil posed as a beautiful woman. And thus...the line was tainted. Your father was born, unaware of his corruption then, when your mother bore you...two generations after your great-grandfather." The shaman spoke before her old eyes looked up at Zar'koria. "Your great-grandfather, your grandmother, and your father all carried the tainted blood. Their malice and rage has all been passed to you child."

Zar'koria listened to the elderly woman and nods before asking her next question. "Am I doomed or cursed to be evil?"

The shaman watched her for a moment, examined the Tiefling before her then softly shook her head. "Dear child, you will have a difficult battle ahead of you. The world will see you as a monster and you will be at war with your tainted blood. Nevertheless, you have the choice to listen to your blood or to find the light of a better path. I cannot tell you how your story will end for I am not the one writing it."

Taking this information in and to heart, Zar'koria bows her head respectfully to the tribe shaman them leaves. Returning to her 'Mother' Zar'koria asked if she could be trained to be like her. To know the way of the land and nature. So that if later on when she is alone, she will have the means to survive. A long moment passes before her 'mother' agreed.

By the time Zar'koria reached the age of 37, she was able to follow tracks and know the lay of the land. She had adapted to wearing a hood that would hide her horns and kept her distance from large crowds of people. At times she would think of the protection Etugen was said to provide her followers as a distraction from listening to her infernal blood.

She knew it would be difficult to balance her morals and the call of her tainted blood. But with time she has hopes to achieve this. Aware that there may be no way to change what she is, and that the minds of others may forever be like the changeless earth, Zar'koria takes her steps in careful strides. Where her path leads her...is all depending on what the Mist decides to throw at her.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:00:36 PM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

Re: The estrange Nomad
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 10:45:47 PM »

((A doodle of Zar'koria without her usual disguise [Yes my own artwork], just to give a rough idea of what she looks like. Please consider this OOC knowledge thank you :3

Edited! ))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:19:45 AM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 03:10:06 AM »
From a black journal:

"I'm still uncertain of these lands and of the people here. Some have learned of what I truly am and do not seem to mind or care. However I still cannot bring myself to fully believe this. As paranoid as I may be and as expecting as I am of others to wish me harm, these select individuals have yet to really give me a reason to remain heavily guarded. This doesn't mean I trust them what so ever. At lest not yet anyways. The rest of these....adventurers seem a bit to...strange at times. I can't make heads or tails of them right now.

Another thing I've come to notice and not personally care for are the natives that seem to know what I am. Though to be frank, it is usually my fault for not doing a better job at hiding the fact. Thankfully none of the Garda or those of the Watcher has aimed to take my head off, seems I still have a few tricks from home to help me in influencing them to think other wise of my being. And if I am to be honest of another thing, I still greatly dislike Paladins give off. Their holy aura just makes my skin crawl and not in a pleasant way either. It would be highly preferable for me to avoid them at all costs, though I doubt that will be possible in these lands with all the undead that seem to be about."

Raven Credale

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 03:17:36 AM »
Entry from a Black journal:

Note to self: It is time I trade this old battered armor from home in for a new set. As fond as I am of the craftmanship from home, it does me little good here in these mist filled lands. Another thing I should try to find is a file of sorts, or something to help trim these horns of mine down. They become such a pain when they grow out to long. Part of me wishes that they'd just fall off after a point and then regrow. Nevertheless, I must find better and more suitable gear in these lands, though that is much easier said than done. Still I am to paranoid of these outsiders, I can't trust them yet I know that I cannot stick to my way of things. It ha been proven time and again that venturing alone is not a smart idea here.

Yet I am so use to being alone, This poses as a problem for me. If I am to get stronger then I shall need to....socialize more with these outsiders. I will not trust them though. Some seem more keen on getting money out of things than others, so I can expect some in that group to just pawn me off to the highest payer...But...perhaps I should not think that of a few individuals. There have been plenty of opportunities where Death has lifted it's scythe to my neck here, only to have it pushed back by my goddess. Perhaps I am doing something right if she has not forsaken me in these lands?

Regardless though, I must be more careful and I must get stronger if I am to survive here.

Raven Credale

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 09:15:33 PM »
From a black journal:

These cold months are different than what I'm use to back home. Part of me is a bit glad that I tend to keep every inch of my skin covered. it silly to wear anything other than winter attire in this place. It still baffles me how some can be so shameless...Grant it, I am not one to really say anything. The nobles can see my ankles and I Loath the idea of a dress. Trousers and knicker boxers are way more comfortable than a rib crushing corset and iron cage dress. Funny how well I've picked up on that sort of flamboyant fashion sense. Extenuating the chest and posterior and wearing heavy make up to impress some guy. These people are very odd...though I am grateful that I do not need to do such things. The locals just seem to hate or fear me no matter what I do, and that's okay I guess. Xenophobia is a hard thing to really get past, I should know I have it even though I do not have it as bad as the locals of the mist.

Though one of these days I really should toy with at lest one of the local farmers. I won't harm or kill them or their live stock, I'd settle more for mischievous pranks and spooks. Sides, I've little to do during the day when I'm by myself. Running up the mountain gets a bit bland after awhile, but I suppose there's not much I can do about that. The night's really the only time I can loiter around the outskirts. Sometimes I come across the few companions that've seen my horns and other times it's the various other adventurers who who are around. Then the rare nights where nothing is around. I at lest got some better armor and I seem to be improving with my dual wielding, though I think it's a little odd that I remember the drums from back home when I'm in combat. Like it's keeping me in tempo during a fight sometimes...I'm certain mom would say that I'm just slowly becoming attuned to Etugen and her bounties of nature. Perhaps that's a fair assumption, but who can truly know in these lands?

Raven Credale

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »
((Update to Z's portrait.))

Raven Credale

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »
From a Black Journal:

My last few visits to the Outskirts have been interesting. While I loiter in town via disguise, some individuals have approached me and conversed with me for a time. It's still very odd to converse with others, my mind still believes that there is a dagger looming over me, waiting to strike. I will admit that I am...uncertain of people's true intentions. Having been apart of a tribe that respects Strength and Honor, it is difficult to see the same precepts in outsiders. And as much as I envy it...it boils my blood that there are NO wild horses in these lands and yet the Garda have horses!

What is a member of a horse tribe who is without a steed?! Have these Barovian ranchers and tamers failed to understand the art of Horse whispering? Aiyo...give me one ride and I could have a beautiful Steed or Mare tamed.

Regardless...my loitering in the Outskirts have been interesting this far.

Raven Credale

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 09:40:43 AM »
From a black journal:

It is still surprising how some seem to be unfazed by me. Some have even...complimented me on how I appear. Even so that one has become rather fond of me, which is still a surprise honestly. Among most things, it's easy for me to forget that I have horns until either I see my reflection or one of the Barovian farmers points and shouts "Monster" at the top of their lungs. Though before that, it feels as though I am like a normal human being. Grant it, I would not discard my extended life or abilities for that of a plain human life. I've grown rather fond of these horns even if they cause me direst at times. But I would not trade them for the world. They make me what I am, even if that means I must be seen as a monster to others.

It's the people who look beyond the surface of my person that interest me. Anyway, life has become less isolated lately. I find myself in the company of others at times, though they usually come to me first. I am....still awkward on socializing I guess. It's still something I need to get use to despite how talkative I can get once I am comfortable with someone. Grant it I still have my reservations about some individuals. Those that have seen my face have my trust, but that doesn't mean they can't lose it. For now, I shall keep tabs on things and people and see where some paths lead.

Raven Credale

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 07:22:14 AM »
From a Black Journal:

It is strange to consider the possibility that I've found one who is...peculiar in a way. Seeks an Elven maiden yet has decided to stay with someone such as myself. Knowing that one day I may be gone in flash or through divine might. It is also rather annoying how there are so many Paladins around in the Outskirts sometime. It makes me curse this infernal blood and I really must stop my mouth from speaking the thoughts in my head. The last thing I want is for a Helmit Paladin to seek me out and end me. Or worse, an Aasimar Paladin. Those feathery nightmares are more of a worry for me than any normal being in this realm. I am just glad that I have not come across any as I am sure we would be at each others throats like it would be for a regular Celestial and Infernal being. Though some times I wonder if my blood line stems from an Archdevil of sorts. I still can't quite put my finger on it, even with some of the research I've done in the past on where my blood line begins from. Asmodeus, Belial, Mestopholies ... There's simply to many to consider in this subject really.

But I suppose there may be a day in the far future where I'll discover it. Maybbe it will remain hidden to me but known to others. It is hard to really say, though I will keep in mind that I do not have to share this burden alone anymore. Some have been rather kind to me, despite my horns. Some even thought of me to be like the half dragons that walk around, though I am not as charming as they tend to be. I've my charms, but they are devilish at times. But getting back to the topic of divinity, I must find something that will preserve my will to fight. Curse those undead priests and their turning abilities. How I loath the times where I am sent running from a fight because my infernal blood is to weak to handle the blasts.

It only makes me worry how bad it could be if a living cleric or Paladin did the same. Would I be killed on the spot from it or would I also run in fear of their might? This is something I do not want to continue thinking about. And I do not want to leave the one I fancy just yet...even though he can be a bit repetitive at times with subjects of 'pets' and 'slavery'. How I dislike those terms...Much as I dislike the Thayans and Slavers who enjoy such things. If I could...I'd love to see Thay and Slavers burn in Hell fire with fiends doing unspeakable things to them as torture.

And then...There's a specific Voodan. He'll get his in time, and I will enjoy seeing him scream in agony when I do decide to take back what was given.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:27:59 AM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 09:31:30 AM »
From a Black Journal:

I find myself to be opening up a bit to others lately. Just the other day I showed a Paladin a glimps of my horns, thankfully they were not a Helmite other wise I may not be writing this. But other than that, I've noticed my skills getting better, my senses are more keen than before and it's a bit amusing on how sneaky I've become. The elf who has my attention does hate it when I pop up beside him out of nowhere, and it's always amusing to see his surprise at this. The Barovians still call me a monster and those in Port mock me. A shame that I cannot find something to hide my horns better than a table cloth as my elven interest has put it. Regardless, I am use to the harsh treatments of others.

Suppose that is why some Underdogs and outcasts seem to pluck me out of the crowd and add me to their social circle. Rather confusing why but I suppose I'll get use to it at some point. I just hope that knowing me will not bring them misfortune later on. Much as I enjoy seeing some suffer from Karma, I do not wish to be an indirect cause of it. I would just curse my infernal luck and blood more should that happen. Though...perhaps it is to much for me to be optimistic when the reality of things is greater. Until now, things have been good, to good in fact. I find myself just waiting for the other boot to drop and the problems to come crashing into me like a stamped of horses.

Reminds me of home almost.

Raven Credale

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 09:32:25 PM »
From a black journal:

It's been close to twenty years since I thought about it. Since I remember the feeling of being less than a person. I still feel the rage, the emptiness, the sense of hopelessness in a place that saw me as something less than dirt in a deranged pecking order. I was nineteen when the Thayans took me from my tribe. They saw the infernal traits in me, they knew what I was before I even really knew it myself. Back then...I fought them on everything whenever I got the chance. And every time they beat me down to put me in my place. Eventually...I became obedient to their whims and fancies. I rejected myself, my thoughts everything about who I was, was discarded just so I could be the perfect slave. The perfect offering to something for more power...

Because that's all Thayans ever wanted was more power. More power meant high standing for them...lest that's what I remember from those blurry days. I remember the auctions too. Where slaves people didn't want anymore were traded for better ones. And those who left one owner seemed to end up with worse ones with perverted mindsets. As fate had it, I was given that occurrence. The man that owned me, that used me in various and disgusting ways and branded me as his property...I hated him. I hated Thayans, their city their faiths, everything about them I hated and that hate grew over the five years I was kept as a slave. I...I even had a daughter with that disgusting man...and he sold her to the Red Wizards when she was just an infant. Taken right out of my arms after she was born...

My rage spiked at that. The one who owned me, the Thayans in that house...I slaughtered them all in my anger. Even the innocent children were not spared from my wrath. And I...I walked out of the city in the dead of night, covered in Thayan blood and back to the last place my tribe had been. I found their empty camp and curled into a ball, tears streaming down my cheek at what had happened to me. I cried for the loss of my daughter, for the grief of the Razari who had been killed by a culture that sought her obedience, for the daughter of a Nomad that took her in. I cried until I was fat asleep in that deathly quiet camp.

When the first ray of light shown on my face, I could hear the sound of hooves trampling the ground. My mind focused as I listened, I knew the spund but my heart assumed it was the Thayans coming to reclaim one of their runaway slaves. However I heard a tune being sung with the horse hooves. It had been a lullaby...

"Come little star, it's time to find your rest.
The dawn is rising, the birds wake their nests.
Close your eyes, and make one final wish.
To dream a dream, that last til Moons first light."

My Foster mother would sing me that, I never understood why but hearing it then brought me so much comfort. I knew the next part of it, it's how we'd say goodnight to one another.

"In shadows arms, I wait for the night.
To hear your call, on crisp winds on high.
For when I dream, I hear your voce.
Echoing far, til it finds my heart."

After she heard that, my foster mother found me and took me back to the tribe. My slave brand was burned off my body, and with that Razari Kantayan was dead to the tribe. So...I needed a new name. A name I had to pick for myself. A day went by as I thought, I spent most of my time alone and away from the rest of the tribe. I outcasted myself for what felt like a year. Until one day, I gazed out at the plains watching the horses run across the pastures. The Sun was high above in the endless blue sky, nary a cloud to obstruct it. I thought of my lost daughter and what I would have named her if she was still with me...Zakairia. And then it dawned on me. The name I would go by from then on. Zar'Koria.

I walked back to the tribe and looked to the chieftain, he had a knowing gaze about him that day as he asked what my name is. I told him, he gave a nod after a moment then held out his hand to me and gave me a warriors hand shake. From there is was cemented in my tribe, I was not Razari anymore. I was Zar'Koria. It was after that period of time, when nights held no moonlight, that I would disrupt slave trade routes. I would free the slaves that did not want to be there and knock out the drivers before taking the wagons back to the town or village the slaves came from. I did my best to keep my horns out of sight, some saw regardless of my attempts and said they would rather chance slavery than own a debt to a demon. To which I did not fight their choice. Others...Others didn't see me as such but they could understand why I would risk myself for their freedom. I hated being treated like property, I hated how I was powerless to fight against the one who had owned me for a long time. And I hated how my daughter was ripped away from me before I could have raised her.

And even now, here in these misted Lands where slaves come in various forms...I hate it. It makes my blood boil and infuriates me to no end. But...I am just one woman in a place like this. I know there is nothing I can do, nothing that I can say to change anything. Here I am seen like a monster and treated as such without my mask in the cities. The Locals, as creepy as they oddly know when I do a decent job of keeping my horns hidden, never resist the chance to call me a monster. But...these serfs, the slaves, some go about this by mere choice others are forced into it.

And I am painfully aware that I cannot do anything unless I want to repeat what has already been done to me. It may seem cowardice of me, Hells I see it as such. How I won't risk my neck for those unfortunate souls here because I myself am afraid of such fate.

....I never want to feel that helpless again....

Raven Credale

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 05:10:51 PM »
From a black journal:

I've noticed a change in a friend of mine. His behavior is still the same but there is a pain in his voice as well as a grimmer tone to it. It is as if he no longer cares for others around him. Not friends or allies, and I have taken note that his beloved is missing. I'm not sp blind to see what has transpired and I fear my friend is traveling a path that is not right for him. To discard the lives of the living for one who can still be saved. I do hope he is not willing to give up everything for one. I hope and pray to Etugan that he is brave enough to see the true challenge put before him. I can also assume that it was no Pit Fiend that stole his beloved. Rather the ones who has the uncreative title of  'NightMaster', as if he were Strahd himself. How pompous of a fledgling Vampire.

In any case and this may be my infernal blood speaking, but he was a fool for getting to smitten to realize that he is not in a place of whims and fancies. Those who govern the Mists give and take what they deemed fit. Dread and despair are the domains one must always be aware of and one must always be ready to lose what they have. Be it their love or their life. This land does not allow happiness to last long when it is openly shown. Secrets last longer than truth and lies can be the executioners blade or savior here.

We are all playing a high stakes game in these lands. Some more than others. But when every difference is put aside and things are looked at a whole. We all share a similar grave if we fail to play 'Their' game right.

But this does not mean we must always view this realm as a grim place. It has a charm to it once all the gloom, doom, and hate is put aside. Life is allowed to happen, though it is honestly up to a persons choice in what they do. Some stray. Some rise above the darkness and some...remain as they came. I myself know that it is foolish of me to discard the realities of this realm. That merely allowing whimsical idea to take hold will leave me with hate and rage once the delusions have been taken. And I do not hold onto ideas of salvation either. I am here for some reason. Be it to play the part of a pawn in some game, to observe this realm til I am killed or to simply be a denizen and treated like a monster. Whatever the case maybe, I will face what challenges come. Should it be in the form of devils and contracts or fledgling vampires with terrible titles that sound more childish than fearsome or enticing.

Really now, 'Night Master'? It's an insult to Count Strahd for taking such an egotistical name. Though perhaps the count is merely entertaining the idea til he grows tired of seeing a pompous vampire just strut about like a black and red peacock with no taste or terror.

Raven Credale

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 11:56:17 AM »
From a black journal:

Spring draws closer and I slowly begin to remember the Goddess Mother use to pray to. The Mother Guardian of Groves, more commonly known as Eldath. Some in the tribe worshipped her as well, then again we did not put all our faith in one Deity. We respected them all and gave them their due when we should have. I did find some places in Taan that reminded me of the Mother Guardian, as well as some that reminded me of Etugen herself. Though we did pray to the Master of the Hunt when we needed to as well. Much as I dislike the Black-blooded one, it is a necessary evil I suppose. Teylas though, to my understanding apposes Etugen. But I can understand. Etugan is about remaining where one is while Teylas encourages change. If the two worked together, I can see a certain Harmony. But that may just be me.

Then there is the MoonMaiden...I think she has been one that remains with me the most. When I escaped m Thayan owner, it was under a full moon. In the sky I saw seven stars, which lead me to the camp my people left behind. So it is wrong of me to say that I do not pay some respect to the Goddess that guided me back to my people.

But...this was life before the Mists. Where it was easy to find the goddesses in nature and feel their connection in certain areas. Here...the land feels tainted. Misguiding and twisted some how. I know not all that are here are of evil hearts. There is good, and there may be some who hold a light from the Goddesses still. It would be nice to find another from Taan but this could be taken a few ways. A rival tribe member and I would not be allies even here. But...I suppose there are many like this in these lands already. They may not be tribal men but they do cheat and defile the dead. Some even have the gal to have prices in a range that alone is criminal.

Then again, this coming from a Tiefling from a Tribal style government and not a Metropolis civilization where prices were set all around at certain rates....a lot of things seem expensive to me. Much as I would like to trade  a goat, gems, leather or wool for items....that's just not how it works here. Which is rather odd. You would think one goat is worth an item. But not. Just a goat.

Regardless...I must find a better what of making money. Standing in the outskirts with nothing to do is getting old quick.

Raven Credale

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »
From a black journal:

The idea of death...Morbid as it is, I find myself thinking about this today. What would I do if someone I cared about was murdered in front of me? Would I let go of my humanity and embrace my infernal blood and wrath? Would I fall into a pit of despair and agony til I myself ended my life? What would I do I wonder. I say that I'd seek out the one who killed the person I cared about. But would I really do that? Death isn't something that can be changed. In the end we all must die, eternity sounds painfully boring when those you know are already gone. I don't now...

Recent thoughts and events have left me wondering, most consist of who in these lands would notice or care if I disappeared? Others...Others are darker and full of malice. What would I do if someone was taken from me....What would I do if I lost someone like how I lost my daughter...

It's so noisy in my head with these thoughts. Half says nothing, Death is inevitable. The other half screams to tear people apart til there's nothing left. But...this makes me wonder something else to. Do I even...love someone? If so, what would be the reaction if they're killed in front of me? Would I snap? Would I become a monster blinded by rage and attack friend and foe alike? Or would it leave me unfazed? Am I so cold that their death wouldn't affect me? Perhaps...what I have now, has been nothing but the merriment of Lust. A means to an end. Perhaps I am as cold as some tell me.

But who can say. I never could afford to be like a regular woman. Not with these horns on my head or this infernal blood in my veins. When I boil everything down, I am meant to be alone in a world that will never see me as anything but a Monster. I can try to act as normal as I want, to doll myself up and pretend these horns aren't here...but I still know that it's just for show. I am a Tiefling, a creature that has no real place in the world or in the nine hells. I'm an abomination, a mockery to humans and a disgrace to infernals alike.

Yet, I do not care. I never have really. Humans. Infernals....Mortals...They all see me as something to avoid in the end. And it's only a matter of time before the ones who get close to me end up going away. Just like everyone else that's come into my life.

Before and After the Mists took me.

A short time later more is added:

If by some twist of fate that I am ever in a position where the lives of others mean little or nothing to me, I'm certain this is how I'd appear. Be it from a curse or just my body as some entities puppet. I doubt anyone would think to save me from such a fate. They'd probably more than likely kill me without a second thought.

A much much later addition:

I think it's time for me to leave Barovia for good. I'll pass this comedian gear to someone then leave. Im sick and tired of this place and these violent Xenophobic Barovians, lest the people of Port just make snide comments. But as I wrote before, there's no real place for me here or anywhere. Best cut all ties to this place and move on. I'm sure no one will question where Z went. Let them think I'm dead.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:25:48 PM by Raven Credale »

Raven Credale

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »
From a Black Journal:

Blaustein, a small island with sailors, Fisherman and Revers...to the most of my knowledge anyways. It's oddly accepting of what I am, grant it I know there's pirates here and they do get rowdy at times. I heard there was one named Bluebeard on this island too. It's...odd not feeling or hearing someone shout at me to leave town. Though I have caught some eyeing me. Not that I'd pay them any mind. Slip of darkness and I'll be away from those pesky heathens in no time. Though that might make them consider me some sea witch...or goat...considering my horns and where they're located.

Regardless, it's nice to be away from Barovia. Just wish some friends were here, maybe I'll stop into Mist Camps later.

Raven Credale

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »
From a black Journal:

I suddenly recall a question that was asked of me a long time ago. If I am a Tiefling, how come I do not have a tail to balance out the weight of my horns? My answer to this...I had one at one time. It was thin enough that I could wrap it around my waist to hide it under my clothes. However when I was a slave, my owner cut it off all because it was an 'unsightly' thing. Since then I've grown accustomed to not having it and thus learned to maintain my balance. Just a small memory I've not thought on for some time.

Raven Credale

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 09:15:47 AM »
From a black Journal

Funny how fate is, the Voodan who betrayed me some time back kept me from death. His debts been paid and there's a peace between us now. Though I do find myself curious about his gods. The one he follows honestly sounds like a noble from Port...well fashion wise anyways. Regardless, something new has gotten my ire. If it persists then I'll happily let the infernal blood have a chance to show up again. If not, then I'll keep this irritant at swords tip. I'm well aware of the dark skinned ones and their manipulative ways, back home they were around the trade citys bizaar at night.

Nevertheless, I'll keep my blade at the ready for 'that' one if they prove to be a threat, like the Thayan slavers.