Author Topic: The Rose Throne of the Queen of Dreams  (Read 1751 times)

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Dark Power
The Rose Throne of the Queen of Dreams
« on: April 12, 2021, 12:12:31 AM »
This title I was given feels more and more like a sick joke at my expense. I have aided others find their dreams, reach them in their waking hours and llive what they have striven for. The smile on people's faces are lovely, it warms my heart. In the contrary my own dreams constantly are out of my reach in the light of day. No what I desire is only for me in my dreams. I do not fault the jester for this though, for they have only shown to have what they think my best interests are in mind. The jester will make my one of my dreams come true. There will be justice......I will bring justice.

Exotic birds chirp over the sound of quietly crashing waves. It is quite warm and sunny, a pleasant feeling that the light breeze only further compliments. The Richemuloise woman's brown hair hangs down as it once did, she leans her head on a taller blonde Dementluise man's shoulder. She speaks with him in loving tones but he does not respond, simply content to be with her.
"Alex, look at that cloud, doesn't it look like a tiger? Do you remember that huge one we saw in Sri Raji? I am so glad Mademosielle Snow was there; I do miss that team from time to time but retirement so far away from the city has been lovely, I'm glad we were able to leave while we were still young my red rose. I.....I......"

WAKE UP RAT!
Celestial noise detected;Delirium unsuspected
Static tuned in to reason
Time in the aether deepens;Transmissions blink uncompleted

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
Re: The Rose Throne of the Queen of Dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »

RAT,RAT,RAT!
TIME TO SCURRY TIME TO SCURRY!
SO CLEVER YOU THINK YOU ARE, PLANS OF MICE ARE NOTHING FOR THE PLANS OF MEN!
WON'T BE ACCEPTED! WHY DO YOU TRY?
WAKE UP RAT!

I don't sleep much these days, too much work to do. Usually I only return to my throne through exhaustion at my desk. I woke up to an aide of mine telling me about the circle with my name and the professor's written in it. I will have to speak with him, I had a few other matters to discuss with him anyways. I can see my rival trying to turn this against me, I will need to beat him to the punch. Jacinth left me a giant "present" before his true colors were shown....I need to move more pieces around.

A battered and bruised Richemuloise man kneels before me at my throne. His brown hair disheveled and covering some of his face but I know exactly who it is, my monster of a brother Rogier. Torn down is his once cocky nature and his plans stripped bare. I look down on him and I speak.

Rogier, you kneel before me a man who has not only harmed my past home, but my current home. Who has not only endangered me but my sisters of country and blood. You will receive no fanfare in your death, Madame Guillotine will not be dining with you, non. I will end you personally and I will thank the jester for this lovely gift they have placed before me. Do you have any last words?

He does not respond....they never respond. I draw "Espirit du Savant" the sky metal of the blade reflecting the unseen lights of the dark room my throne sits in. I STAB HIM IN THE NECK. I DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN......

The throne room has been freshly painted.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:02:14 PM by LancerFreya »

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:26:49 PM »
OH RAT. SHE WAS YOUR FRIEND.

....it was her or my family...

YOU PROMISED YOU'D HELP HER.

she was a traitor...to the republique and to me....I couldn't help her

YOU LIED! YOU USED HER! YOU NEVER TRIED! JUST THE SAME AS ROGIER!

I couldn't do it...just a bit more, I can find a home....happiness...just a little more

HAPPINESS IS FOR PEOPLE RAT!
WAKE UP!

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »

My red rose, I am sorry but you deserve to be happy. It is ever clear that we are indeed at two separate points of our lives, nothing brings me more sadness than this. More and more there is no happy ending for me, I do not know if I really deserve it. If I obtain what has opened up....well time will show what I offered. I will never love anyone like I love you but I had to do this. I know I said I would wait but I do not think I can. Too often I see now that I am willing to suffer to achieve what I want. MY sisters need a place to stay safe here. MY family needs me to advance and it needs it now. The family I wish to raise passes each day while I remain but a mademoiselle. Please do not hate me for what I've done....please Alex....don't hate me.

The throne room has more chairs now. Mine was moved to the side, I do not mind this though. In fact I look forward to the other five arriving. Great minds like mine deserve to be heard by those of influence and power. Oh how they'll wish they were me, how they will pine for their traitorus baroness to be about but instead it is me there. I will not forget and remember that I was only their choice out of fear for another.
I succeeded despite their spite, on my own BY MY HANDS. They will not live down their insults to me.....

SHOULD I CALL YOU ROGIER RAT?

YOU TWO REALLY ARE SIBLINGS...
...PEAS IN A POD...
...THICK AS THIEVES....
...ROTTEN APPLES NOT FALLING FAR FROM THE TREE...
HOW MUCH DID FATHER HIDE FROM YOU RAT?
WAKE UP RAT! YOU'RE A SHAM!
ALEX WILL HATE YOU...
HE PROBABLY ALREADY DOES

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 09:50:55 PM »
The Queen of dream's life is a nightmare though you would not know it if you spoke with her. Willing to cut from herself to ensure others are happier but she knows no one is happy, yet she tries and tries. Even the one thing she so desired, she can not receive. Her murderous brother still walks free. The man she so loves still feels for the traitor of an ex-wife. Even her sister that she so cares for drifts farther and farther away. The jester is right, she always was, the queen's throne she so wants is proving more and more to be a cage. She can not stop walking though...she has given too much to stop now

I can't tell you how to live your life, and I would make sacrifices for the well being of my family so I can understand in part. But you should not accept an unhappy life for yourself. Your happiness is not mutually exclusive from your family's well being." The words of the rose echo through the queen's head but he is never anywhere to be seen. Why couldn't we have a conversation here?
"You are a desirable woman, Phillberte, you will have many suitors. I can't imagine all of them will be terrible."
"But they are not you..."

The queen cried, her tears flowed down her throne as five shadowed figures stare at her, they take the other five chairs and look to the center and wait for someone or something to stand before the six thrones. Steps excho through the throne room as a human sized rat in a dress steps before them all.
A woman's voice rings through the throne room. "Phillberte Gatteux, you stand before this council accused of being to Richemuloise. The counselors and myself believe that you are not without hope, we simply need to remove the inferior culture."
"When I am done with you Mademoiselle Gatteux you will be a proper Dementluise citizen" The queen grins as she speaks.

POOR RAT, EVEN YOU DO NOT DESERVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO YOURSELF....

Spoiler: show
//ooc: Thank you to of Clover and Thistle for this art.

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 04:02:21 AM »
Varteur is dead....why? What did he do wrong? I was supposed to meet with him this week...I was going to ask him to be my advisor. This is a movement I did not expect to happen. Seiur Rengier will lead us right back to 770, we can't let that happen. How can I calm the people and still reach the nobility? Can I even?

"The peasants are revolting. I can barely look at them. I am sure once Gatteux is finished with her education and is a PROPER citizen she will understand" The others in the throne room nod as the queen speaks, the rat in the dress looks to the queen with sad frightened eyes.
"Neheh. I told you Phil, it was a cage with chains you walked to. You have no choice, it is all what THEY want. I tried to help you but you wouldn't listen." The jester cackled as she appeared from the dark haze of the throne room, balancing almost impossibly on the tip of her toes. The rat looked to the jester and squeaked in either protest or help but only more laughter filled the room. What a joke Gatteux has shown to be, the rat thinks she's people.....

I HEAR MADAME GUILLOTINE IS HUNGRY.
HASN'T HAD A GOOD MEAL IN A GOOD LONG TIME.
TO THEM YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT THAN THE NOBILITY.
AND TO THE NOBLES?
WHY, YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM.
I'M SURE EVEN AIDELINA WON'T MISS YOU....
SHE HAS THE BARONESS NOW.
HERE LIES PHILLBERTE GATTEUX
FRIENDLESS
WITHOUT FAMILY
GAVE EVERYTHING OF HERSELF FOR A COUNTRY THAT HATES HER
DIED AS SHE LIVED
A RAT.
SEPTEMBER 16TH 745-776

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 02:14:06 PM »
Why do I care so much? This would all be so much easier if I didn't care so much for our people. They may not believe me, the nobility might not believe me, but I would not have risked everything in Sri Raji if I didn't care. I hurt when Varteur died, I hurt when I found out Estbury was killed. Now I hear that mademoiselle Aumberden is dead as well. I put flowers at a small shrine to them, no pomp, no protection; this is not political. Why must I be so empathetic? This pain hurts, I just want it to go away....please, I'll do anything.

THAT'S HOW YOU GOT IN TO THIS MESS RAT.....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:16:37 PM by LancerFreya »

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 07:11:49 PM »

I know the name yet not how to call. I will doom myself if it means Aidelina, Heloise, Isabeau, and my future children have a place to be safe. Phillberte Gatteux does not matter, what matters is that she creates an anchorpoint for her family. These may be the final days of her true freedom but if I must be chained as Katja claimed I am to be, let them be the chains of my own choosing and for the better of my family.

...RAT...
...PHILLBERTE...
...STOP...
THIS IS TOO MUCH.
IT'S NOT LOST

"Gatteux is shaping up nicely, she is close to being a respectable member of our republique. She just needs to give up those last vestiges of Richemulot." The queen of dreams grins down with malice to the caged Richemuloise woman. "Truly shaping up nicely." Dark laughter echos through the throne room.

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »

Father,
I am sorry I was not able to be here sooner, Rogier did some awful things and tried to pin it on me. When I found out and wouldn't let him take me he tried to do so by force. He likely would have killed me like you...so it is obvious he wouldn't let me come to the funeral. Everything you had built had fallen in to disrepair, all your gifts you received and trophies earned sold to the highest bidder. The disrespect Rogier has shown you and our family I will never forgive, it was because of him I let go of my claim, to try and replicate what you did but I screwed it up. I screw everything up. I could have stayed and likely would be a front runner for an election....but I needed this closure, you understand right? You'd forgive me dad? I do not know if I will ever be able to make a safe home for our family, to make all you worked for much more solid. With me leaving I am likely to be labeled a coward, they will never understand why I left. I could not stand the pain of never seeing your grave. I likely through it all away for this moment. What hurts more is that I never brought Rogier to justice for his crimes against you and our family. Even if my Paranoia says he is still alive, he died an innocent man in the eyes of Richemulot.

It is probably for the best that I came anyways. Edric was never good with letters, even with how smart he is. I got most of the paperwork done and will be returning to my home soon. I am glad Brynja came with me though, the protection helps but I am sending her away ahead of me. She is likely growing quite bored here. I did paint a bit while I was here Father, I know you wished I did more painting and less exploring when I was young, I guess maybe I started doing it for you in some way....maybe I'll host a private gallery of what I painted. My work isn't something most the public will care for anyways. I need to find a home and husband, this time away has shown I lost my way. As much as I love Alex, I will have to love another, I HAVE to continue our blood even if it will not be our name. I can not die without child, I can not die without my own title.

I may never sit on the council but I can still earn a title as you did father, I have to if I wish to continue your legacy as it should be.

I love you, I miss you, I hope you will be proud of the woman I am.
Philly

The throne room has but one chair in the dark room. The jester's laughter can be heard coming from every shadow as the queen fumes. Sentimentality has stopped her from what she wanted for now.....but the queen's throne WILL NOT stay vacant

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 07:34:17 PM »
HELLO AGAIN RAT
DID YOU MISS ME?

I CAN GUARANTEE YOU ONE THING
THEY DID NOT MISS YOU

THEY ARE HAPPIER WITH YOU AWAY
THE RAT CAN PLAY ELSEWERE

YOUR SISTERS ARE BETTER OFF WITH YOU GONE.
ALEX IS TOO.
WHY EVEN RETURN?

MAYBE THEY'LL PUT YOU IN JAIL AGAIN FOR OLD TIMES SAKE

I'M SURE THE CELL THEY KEPT THE TRAITORS IN WOULD FIT YOU NICE.

WAKE UP RAT.
YOU ALWAYS LOSE

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »
It is time to go home. Some will say I have been home for about a month now, but it is not. These walls may be the same ones I grew up around but but they do not hold the paintings that Mother collected. These empty rooms are the same ones I ran through as a child but they are not filled with the playfull shouts of my younger siblings all enjoying life. These grounds are the same grounds I would look onto ever morning but they do not welcome guests as they once did. I am no longer Richemuloise, I am Dementlieuse. I have booked my river boat back home, about a week left. I am certain Edric can handle the affairs from here but he knows that this place is not for me any longer. I am sure he will be a good baron. Perhaps one day I'll be a baroness...Finding a husband is my top priority. I should start packing...

Footsteps echo across the darkened throne room. The angry grumbling of the queen of roses can easily be heard as she paces around. Her plans foiled, her desires stifled because the RAT had to hold some sentiment for a family that barely cared for her. The Queen has hated her exile in Richemulot, she hated knowing that her plans were taking a step back to the beginning. The rat WILL be caught, the rat WILL bow to the Rose Queen and, the rat WILL submit and become the Rose Queen outside and in.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT?
OH YOU POOR DELUDED RAT...
NOTHING YOU'VE DONE MATTERED
YOU'RE JUST A NOVELTY RAT
WAKE UP

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2021, 03:07:19 AM »
The papers fly around the cavernous room that holds the rose throne. The pages dance and harry a single woman, kneeling and crying. Each page with the same thing written upon it, "....and second son of the baron de Duchbourg of the storied House Vaillant was granted the title in full as Maitre Alexandre Vaillant, Baron de Fincelles pending a marriage alliance with House Lecuyer with Claire Lecuyer as baroness de Fincelles." The words taunted her, as the jester's voice echos through the room.

"Nyeheheheh. I told you to run off with him."
"He wouldn't listen Jester....goddess of shadow...."
"It is because you are not Dementluise, rodent" The queen manifests behind the Richemuloise woman. Her eyes staring down with a mix of disgust, sadness and anger. "He would never love you truly Gatteux. I tried to help you. You could have sat in the council chambers and demanded that he marry you if he wanted that tile. You have to understand, the politics will always mean more to them than people. You are nothing but a novelty." The queen offers a dark chuckle holding out a hand to the tearfilled eyes of the woman. "Forget Alex, that rose was only to keep up appearances. I can do BETTER I can make you truly HAPPY. All you need to do is submit to me. Throw away those final vestiges of Richemulot and come home. I may not get the throne I wanted because of you but I forgive you and we'll find a new lovely throne for me, won't we Phillberte? We will have to find a proper house. Gatteux is not fitting for us, is it?"

The tears of the woman fall farther down her cheeks as she looks up to the queen, the gloved hand still extended to be taken. Phillberte's arm twitches as she wakes up.

Everything is packed. The past is behind me....Three days.

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2021, 04:12:10 AM »
How many chains must I put on myself Katja and why did I not take you seriously those months ago? Red darkens to black but the glittering gold stays; I guess this is fitting in a way. Anything for what you want, right Phillberte? What is love to a black hearted wretch such as you? Who will you not betray to show a country that could go on without you that you are valuable? Well congratulations Baroness Phillbert d'Allard, you have become a Dementluise noble in all the ways. A loveless political marriage only to create children but that is what you wanted wasn't it Phillberte? You have your family, Aidelina will be close and you have that title you wanted too; The Gatteux name has been solidified as one of importance. Yet you aren't truly happy because even when he wasn't who you thought he was, you still love him. Admit it Phillberte, even with the risks that would have been tied to him, you would give it all away to be with him. You say you are moving on but we know you aren't.

OH RAT, I WROTE YOU A SONG.

DO YOU WANT TOO HEAR IT? LOVELY.

BLACK THE COLOR OF NIGHT
THE SHADE OF YOUR SOUL

GOLD, LIKE SOLARS LIGHT
USE THEM TO FILL YOUR HEART, A HOLE

ESCHEW LOVE
POLITICS FIT LIKE A GLOVE

ONCE A RAT ALWAYS A RAT
DEMENTLUISE BARONESS, PHILLBERTE D'RAT

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 12:06:48 PM »
I've done everything right.....and I am still just a rat to them......after everything...I hate them. I hate them all. All I've ever tried to do is help and I can't even get a thanks. If they want to hate me I'll give them a reason then. I will ruin them all

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 06:49:42 AM »
We step off the dinghy piloted by Captain Blake and look out in to the inky blackness of the Rajian jungle yet again. It has been years now since we last where here? Alex stands next to me, we married as I stepped out of the election and traveled across the core for some time, well we stopped long enough to have a child; Phillipe Vaillant, such a handsome young boy. He takes after his father with that beautiful blonde hair. To my other side Alusand, my dear friend and confidant. She helped me through so much and eventually she was granted citizenship for her aiding of me, she finally found a home.

Our group presses in to the humid dark jungle, beasts besetting our every step but we press forward with even less issue than before, the years were kind to our skills, the Vaillant couple only got better with age. The Celestines asked me to return to the observatory we had once investigated before for them. I am not sure why but I see no reason not to. As we make it to the observatory the main hall is as we left it all those years ago; dark, covered in the vile rituals and skulls of Baltoi's cult. My boots echo across the stone floor as I step in first.

I do not see the sigil I step in as a pentagram glows red around me. The laughter of the Marilith echoing through the observitory as Baltoi herself curls up out from the dephts as she once did. "I do hope you enjoyed your small victory Gatteux, or is it Vaillant now? It matters little as it all will be taken from you. Lets start with her." The beast's many hands gesture to Alusand who's neck starts to bleed in a circle around it's circumference as she is magically forced to her knees. More magic creatures pressure in the air as a guillotine forms around her and the blade falls, her head landing in a basket.

I scream in agony as my dear friend is killed before my eyes, the dark demonic laughter of the Marilith echoing even louder. The magics of the circle forcing me to turn and look at Alex as he changed. The man before my eyes warping, aging in to an older gentleman with greying hair, elongated nails and a pallid complexion. The Marilith starts to loom over me, her dark grin growing larger in my vision as she gets ever closer.

I wake up in a cold sweat and scream, I wake Jehan but I do not tell him what happened in truth in my dream. I can not tell him I still love another or that some creature likely holds a vendetta against me, not with a child on the way.

Freydaelyn

• Mistress of Faces
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 09:24:06 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS RAT!

YOU FOUND A WAY TO LOSE EVEN WHEN ALL YOU HAVE DOEN IS WON!

YOU HAVE YOUR HOME.

YOU HAVE YOUR CHILDREN.

OH BUT WHERE IS ALEX?

THIS IS SUCH A FITTING PUNISHMENT FOR YOU RAT.

WELCOME TO LONELYNESS RAT!

WANT ALEX? THEN LOSE ALL YOU HAVE WORKED FOR!

GOOD JOB RAT! GOOD JOB!

VIVE LA REPUBLIQUE INDEED!

HAHAHAHAHA