You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Buff to Wounding/Bloodletting  (Read 840 times)

mccarthy00

• Undead Master
Buff to Wounding/Bloodletting
« on: April 10, 2021, 09:33:19 PM »
After playing around with wounding I have found a lot of npcs just are not affected by it as they have DR that just ignores it. I think the buff that was given to Evard's black tentacles where the dmg counts as a +1 to break the most basic dmg reduction such as werewolves and undead would be welcome.

Syl

• Dark Power
Re: Buff to Wounding/Bloodletting
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:07:11 PM »
Wound is you bleeding out, and since bones and undead do not bleed and werewolves have regen Wound would be gone next round since it is removed when you receive healing.

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

Dardonas

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 11:20:11 PM »
Wound is you bleeding out, and since bones and undead do not bleed and werewolves have regen Wound would be gone next round since it is removed when you receive healing.

It's also a magical spell that induces it, and I don't see why a +1 would be so bad.  It'd still be countered appropriately by better DR.

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 11:34:22 PM »

It's also a magical spell that induces it, and I don't see why a +1 would be so bad.  It'd still be countered appropriately by better DR.

But how do you make something that has fast healing, and no blood at all Bleed? that's the thing here. When you get hit by Wound it goes away as soon as you are healed HPs. a werewolf regens every round meaning wound is always gone the next round.

Dardonas

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 11:36:06 PM »

But how do you make something that has fast healing, and no blood at all Bleed? that's the thing here. When you get hit by Wound it goes away as soon as you are healed HPs. a werewolf regens every round meaning wound is always gone the next round.

Sure, it'd be countered by regen as well.  Versus undead, however, it is a magical wound.  I don't know why it'd be an issue to have it explained by magic as to why a magic spell is effecting them.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:38:41 PM by Dardonas »

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 11:39:32 PM »

Sure, it'd be countered by regen as well.

Right which is what i was getting at. increasing wound's damage to be treated as a +1 wouldn't change anything. And we know undead don't bleed. However i do recall now a few that do not have regen but have DR and doesn't effect it. since all you need is a DR of a flat 1 and be immune to it

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 05:22:01 AM »
This is the spell that lets a level 4/5 hexblade tap creatures and run away until they die right, seems good enough to me, just like any spell you need to pick an appropriate target.

Its going to work just fine on darklings, moor men and whatever else is non-regenerating with no DR. Aberrant thralls too? Maybe you could kill dire & ancient dire bears, dire crag cats. Could you whirlwind attack and apply it to everyone around you at once?

Pick your target, not all spells are be all end all universal usefulness like divine favor. You dont throw fireballs at fire elementals, negative energy at undead (unless you mean to heal them) etc etc.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 09:14:41 AM »
The damage power/damage output of the wounding property on items is hardcoded so won't change.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 07:24:34 PM »
Isnt there an extra value for OnHit Wounding damage values that can be added by script but isn't otherwise viewable in the toolset or examinable item properties?

I think its a subcategory value.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 09:44:33 PM »
Isnt there an extra value for OnHit Wounding damage values that can be added by script but isn't otherwise viewable in the toolset or examinable item properties?

I think its a subcategory value.

Not for regular weapons; only for creature weapons.