You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Is This Canon?  (Read 1290 times)

Praying Mantis

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Slayer
Is This Canon?
« on: April 04, 2021, 12:03:45 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I happened to randomly come across this doing a search for some other RP topic, and wanted to know if this was a canon setting religion, because I've never heard of it before?  Thanks

Advent of the Scarlet Maiden
advent of the scarlet maiden minor faction religion setting
Alignment: Neutral Good
Symbol: A red dove
Worshippers: Exorcists, morticians, executioners
Favored Weapon: Handaxe
Suggested Domain: Grave

Portrayed as a woman wearing all red, with red hair and eyes, Our Lady of Repose has no official temples but many shrines, and is recognized and respected by many other religions. Introduced after the Requiem that brought such destruction to the northern reaches of Darkon, the Scarlet Maiden is said to have come to soothe and lead the unquiet dead to their resting place in the Shadowfell, where their memories would lessen and she could give them what mercy she can. She teaches that those who are Good must still be willing to end life, and unlike the Morninglord and other deities there is no promise of an afterlife, only a slow descent into calm darkness.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Is This Canon?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 12:17:31 PM »
Almost certainly: no. The only source is here, which seems to be the site for someone's personal tabletop campaign, so the Scarlet Maiden will most likely be their own homebrew invention.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 12:22:42 PM »
You can of course come from a homebrew setting that worships her - It's just not cannon within the mists itself.

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:03 PM »
You can of course come from a homebrew setting that worships her - It's just not cannon within the mists itself.

Or you could be the one who forms her cult  :twisted:
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.