Author Topic: Warehouse/Gabriel Chat Options & Outsider Rating  (Read 426 times)

Sasuga

• New to the Mists
Warehouse/Gabriel Chat Options & Outsider Rating
« on: April 04, 2021, 01:44:21 AM »
So, I just met a new player and was attempting to in-game show them the ropes. My character (and thus I) told them about the warehouse, took them too it, and then there was no option for "Cargo Delivery" in the menu/chat.

We spent a very long time trying to figure it out, and then I suspected it was because it was a very new character, and then I got help/confirmation from the Discord.. BUT, I spent so much time with that new player that half the in-game day went by with us trying to figure out why it wasn't an option.

I would like to suggest that the menu options stay the same for all players, but the responses change based on Outsider Rating or whatever... especially in this case for Gabriel.

Instead of Cargo Delivery not showing up, I suggest it shows up but Gabriel say something like, "I don't know you, I won't trust you with cargo."

Something like that, so that the new player see the Cargo Delivery option there, and can learn on their own that once he gets to know them it may be available to them, AND to let experienced players like me know why the newbie player they're trying to help can't do the mission(s).

mccarthy00

• Undead Master
Re: Warehouse/Gabriel Chat Options & Outsider Rating
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 05:48:23 AM »
fairly sure Gabriel just refuses elfs, you can pick up Deliverys from anywhere else tho.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 06:56:55 AM »
Confirmed to be working as intended. It is just the Barovian prejudice against non-humans. Note however that if an elf is present when a human character accepts a delivery, the elf will still be marked as participating in a quest and would get the XP upon delivery of the items.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:36 AM »
It's working as intended, but Sasuga is saying that the dialogue could (and should, IMO) be adjusted to more clearly communicate that intent.

... Also, Eliniel had no trouble accepting deliveries from the warehouse, so this is the first I've heard of it... (Mind you, she did have trouble with a few vendors, most notably the tailor, but most people seemed to at least grudgingly accept the star elf paladin.)
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters