Author Topic: Polidori's Predictions  (Read 716 times)

Dread

• Dark Power
Polidori's Predictions
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:11:36 PM »
Polidori's Predictions

"It's that time, men and women of good standing in Dementlieu, which means that it is time for yours truly, Alexander Polidori originally of Blackburn's Crossing, to offer my predictions for who shall win that empty seat on the Council of Brilliance. I have reached out to those who comprise the electorate and have discovered it is still anyone's race... though some are obviously closer to the finish line than others.

Allow me to explain this grand illustration you are seeing here, in full.

The area in purple shows where support is strongest for Sieur Regnier Chaboteaux, Chevalier de Tannegarde. He presently enjoys considerable support from in and around Chateaufaux, as well as to the north and west. Older and more well-established noble families are more than willing to vote for him because of his traditional views, and a few younger, more mercantile-oriented families seem eager to hold their nose and vote for him over his promise of cutting taxes.

The area in red shows where support is strongest for the Baronesse de Fincelles, Maîtresse Francette de Rosacier; those who maintain estates not far from the city's capital have pledged to support her, alongside Charbonne. Curiously enough, the Maitriser has recently offered her his support, though this could act as a double-edged sword, as there could be a few who might vote for her rival purely out of spite as a result. She has started off strong, yet unsavory rumors concerning the Baronesse d'Estellier's untimely demise have caused a number of those comprising the electorate to waver.

The area in green shows where support is strongest for Mlle. Phillberte Gatteux. Nobles with holdings around Ste. Luciennes show her support, along with marcher lords and ladies adjacent the Richemuloise border. While she remains the underdog, her popularity has risen somewhat of late and it shows no signs (at least, not yet) of hitting a ceiling.

M. Jacques Varteur has virtually no support among the electorate; indeed, only a pair of rather maverick titled nobles with heavy revolutionary ties, following in the tradition of Baron Oskar de Larose, have demonstrated any desire to stump for him. Yet woe befall any who underestimate Varteur or those whom he speaks on behalf of, the forgotten men and women of this country, the commons.

As stated before, it remains anyone's race. Of note, the Duchesse de Beauvais has yet to decide upon candidate and much of Chateaunoir's nobility will vote as she does. The Vicomte de Mazarac and a host of others have also yet to support anyone; in the end, the winner will be decided upon who presents the best messaging, written or otherwise. May the best man or woman win.

- Alexander Polidori, Poll-Making Prognosticator

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: Polidori's Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 09:50:50 PM »
Polidori's Predictions

"Hello again, people of Port-a-Lucine. It is I, Alexander Polidori, speaking with you, the Dementlieuse electorate, once more! This time, I am asking for those residing in Port-a-Lucine to write directly to me concerning their voting intentions, so that I can craft a new chart for everyone's perusal; I may also include particularly salient views and opinions (posted anonymously, of course) sent to this address for inclusion in what will be the last broadsheet you'll see from me!

If you are a noble and eligible to vote in this coming election, see a letter sent to the Broken Spire, addressed to me, detailing your voting intention and the reasons why, and with it, I shall form my chart.

- Alexander Polidori, Poll-Making Prognosticator"