Author Topic: Gendarmerie Jail Hates Halflings  (Read 1122 times)

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Gendarmerie Jail Hates Halflings
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »
As the title says. It is incredibly difficult to operate the door because I can't speak with the gendarmes behind the counter unless I shuffle around side-stepping into the wall enough that it gets me within range. Even being directly up against it doesn't work and tries to path me through the doors and around the counter to them.

Also unrelated Gendarmerie bug, entering the jail area randomly equips my hood and a different cloak.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:30:56 PM by BahamutZ3RO »
: )

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Gendarmerie Jail Hates Halflings
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 04:31:29 PM »
As the title says. It is incredibly difficult to operate the door because I can't speak with the gendarmes behind the counter unless I shuffle around side-stepping into the wall enough that it gets me within range. Even being directly up against it doesn't work and tries to path me through the doors and around the counter to them.

Also unrelated Gendarmerie bug, entering the jail area randomly equips my hood and a different cloak.

I have experienced the hood issue as well.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »
Hood and cloak issue was reported a long time ago, when Alix was a Gendarme, and when Joachim was a Gendarme. I'm not sure why it's never been fixed. It will also change out your accoutrements and sometimes change your clothes to a second Gendarme uniform in your inventory, if you're using multiple sets of the official faction gear (I.E., Gendarme Uniform, Gendarme Uniform Breastplate)

Siobhan

• Undead Master
  • Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 01:08:37 PM »
The title click baited me here, haha.

I've experienced a similar issue with the halfling model interacting with herbalism cauldrons, especially the ones in the Mist Camp. I have to click all over the place and sideshuffle for a dozen attempts until I happen to approach it from the right angle. This only seems to happen for the halfling model.
Mariana Dragavei

Formerly: Eliza Sorry, Shrixenna Lueltar

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 07:07:24 PM »

I'll fix this.

As for the halflings issue, not sure the best way to solve that.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 10:43:21 PM »
I've found another bug with the Gendarmerie. Multiple rooms in the main floor are audible from the lobby (standing where a person would stand to interact with the desk clerk). Circled them on the minimap for reference.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 09:10:49 PM »
If the stone half-wall barricade thing in this image can be replaced with something narrower, it would allow Halflings and other small races to be able to get close enough to speak with the Gendarme Gaoler.

As it stands, on laggy days, I literally cannot open the jail doors and need to ask another Gendarme (or DM) to come down and do it for me.

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 09:12:25 PM »
I mean, how can you talk to something that you can't perceive is there? Seems like it's working as intended.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 10:36:45 PM »

I'll fix this.

As for the halflings issue, not sure the best way to solve that.

Stilts.   ;)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »
If the stone half-wall barricade thing in this image can be replaced with something narrower, it would allow Halflings and other small races to be able to get close enough to speak with the Gendarme Gaoler.

Spoiler: show

As it stands, on laggy days, I literally cannot open the jail doors and need to ask another Gendarme (or DM) to come down and do it for me.

This should now be fixed.