Author Topic: Suddenly not controlling character.  (Read 753 times)

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
Suddenly not controlling character.
« on: March 21, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »
So I had a very bizarre thing happen today and I'm not sure what caused it.

While in the Vistani Camp near Vallaki I had my camera suddenly shift to another character. The portrait for the controlled character shifted to that character's portrait and my character suddenly seemed to be an NPC with the talk icon appearing when moused over. I wasn't actually able to control the character it had shifted my perspective to though and when they started to leave the area, it snapped me back to my own character.

A little weirdness persisted after with some things said in chat not appearing for me until after I relogged.
Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Re: Suddenly not controlling character.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
This has happened to me more than once. It's definitely a latency thing/packet loss. Not common enough to replicate so I don't know what could constitute a fix.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

King Pickle

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 12:57:52 PM »
Never experienced that, but once my character spoke a line I did not type. I think somehow text from another characters conversation jumped to mine. Only happened once and there was a lot of lag that day.

JaneDoe79

• Outlander
  • Not today.
    • All PotM portraits on Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 07:03:11 AM »
Never experienced that, but once my character spoke a line I did not type. I think somehow text from another characters conversation jumped to mine. Only happened once and there was a lot of lag that day.

Has happened to me and other people, and I have been sent a tell by myself once about some nuggets. Whoever was sharing their food that evening with me, hi, and sorry I didn't respond! ^^'