You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Stoneskin  (Read 773 times)

noah25

• Dark Lord
Stoneskin
« on: March 03, 2021, 09:20:20 PM »
Regular stoneskin currently has its casting level bugged. I have only noticed it on my voodan so far so I am unsure if it is a class specific issue. Rather than stoneskin cast by a level 7 character granting 70 damage reduction, it is currently granting 40 points of damage reduction.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Stoneskin
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 10:10:08 PM »
If it's Voodan, it's likely because it's not from your chosen school of magic. All spells cast outside your school of magic are cast at -3 CL.

firelord111

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 02:14:28 AM »
Regular stoneskin currently has its casting level bugged. I have only noticed it on my voodan so far so I am unsure if it is a class specific issue. Rather than stoneskin cast by a level 7 character granting 70 damage reduction, it is currently granting 40 points of damage reduction.
i think recently it was changed from transmutation into abjuration that might be what is causing the thing

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 07:40:07 PM »
ooooh I did not realize that was the case as far as ECL casting. That is good to know. Definitely going to change how I select spells for him.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 07:09:01 PM »
Is this also intended to apply to the voodans turn undead ability? My voodan appears to be surprisingly bad at using turn spirit compared to a cleric of equivalent level and he has a decent CHA modifier and several turn undead feats. Yet, at level seven he is lucky if he turns a child corpse.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 07:11:08 PM »
Is this also intended to apply to the voodans turn undead ability? My voodan appears to be surprisingly bad at using turn spirit compared to a cleric of equivalent level and he has a decent CHA modifier and several turn undead feats. Yet, at level seven he is lucky if he turns a child corpse.

Well, it works like Turn Undead; in Ravenloft undead get huge bonuses vs turning.