Author Topic: Changes to Shifter class?  (Read 1412 times)

peps

• Undead Master
Changes to Shifter class?
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:33:24 PM »
Given my renewed interest in my druid, I wanted to give playing a shifter a shot. However, going through the forums I'm seeing a lot of changes confirmed and unconfirmed by devs.

Is there a specific list to changes to the shifter? If not, is it worth playing a shifter?

I will say I would like a healthy balance of roleplaying one out sufficiently, but I also want my character to remain viable for dungeons going forward.

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
Re: Changes to Shifter class?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
I know a certain Mika uses a shifter to dungeon with, and he seems to do really well with it. Couldnt tell you what changes the class has, but it can be used effectively, for sure.
"Let love guide you, not fear."

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
Re: Changes to Shifter class?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
Yeah, I tested a lot of different builds with a shifter having the same concern. They are a blast to RP - you have to put a lot of thought into how you build them to be effective at dungeoning in higher levels, but it can be done. I have a few melee characters and my shifter is the strongest.

I don't believe there is a complete list of the changes to the class. The most important ones are that the AB of the class has increased to +1, skill bonus equipment now stacks on the creature skin (but does not combine with bonuses given by various forms), and some additional skills were made in-class. Wyrmling form receives a bonus to detection vs true seeing, but there are no other changes to the core forms.