Author Topic: Sithicus -- Feedback  (Read 36388 times)

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
Re: Sithicus -- Feedback
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
Even on low spawn the monsters are absurdly powerful and it's entirely intentional. In fact, the domain has already been made a bit easier than it was to begin with by my understanding-but it's exactly what it's meant to be-a high lvl party wiping machine  :lol: Speaking of I think the lvl it's intended for is 17+, but me and some other people have managed to hold peoples hand through it as low as lvl 12 or 13 I think?

I really would be upset if it was made easier though, it's the only challenge that any high lvl characters have on the mod. It might be so dangerous that people don't go that often, sure, but that's fine with me. Makes it that much more of an event. It takes planning, preparation, strategy, a good team that can work together. I like it a lot!

edit: it should be noted that, while we have managed to bring people along to show them around-they generally tend to die horribly. I think the lowest level who came with us was actually a paladin as well and they were smart so they actually made it  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:04:02 PM by McNastea »
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

THE STREET WARRIOR

• New to the Mists
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2015, 06:25:33 PM »
I've only been able to see a small amount of Sithicus, what I've seen is awesome. The area's look great, the battles are intense and take strategy to get through. But man does the xp suck big time and the loot is even worse. Epic, long-dead elven kings hoarding old, dusty brown robes and tons of belts of moral fortitude is a joke. Kobolds, beetles and spiders hoard better loot. I'd love to explore the rest of Sithicus with a group, but the risk/reward isn't there.

The Prophet of Misinformation

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2015, 10:24:06 PM »
I've been absent for a few months pursuing my own un-NWN related RPG. Getting back into the swing of things now. I'm aware the XP sucks and that the loot needs to be improved. Seeking to address both issues while simultaneously ensuring the anal reckoning of exploiters.
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2015, 11:12:54 PM »
While this is utter crap quality, can anyone guess what this is?

[youtube=425,350]s8yt6WGt898[/youtube]
"The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts in the hour of danger."
~Andrew Jackson

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »

Oh! Daft Punk concert.
: )

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2015, 11:16:28 PM »

Oh! Daft Punk concert.

You can do better.
~Andrew Jackson

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:44 AM »

Oh! Daft Punk concert.

You can do better.

[adjusts he leather glove.]
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

A normal snake

• SsSSSSsssss
  • Dark Power
  • Ssss
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »
Wait, is that actually NWN? Did you actually re-create the Magus fight? Ha, never mind, that is a dumb question! That is cool, who do you actually fight?

IllusoryWitch

• Outlander
  • Check your privilege at the door.
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2015, 09:41:10 AM »

The Last Thing The Player Character Sees Before Dying Horrifically in Sithicus?

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
Yes. I completely recreated the Battle with Magus from Chrono Trigger (complete with howling black winds). There are over 100 references to Chrono Trigger in Sithicus.

For example.. This is clearly Crono and some other.. characters. Most of them you'll never notice without paying attention.

Either way, it's part of her dungeon, which doesn't actually involve any actual fighting (well, not much).. All XP is granted for exploration and it's a lot:

The new introductory area which connects Har-Thelen and the start of Sithicus: No more.. unnecessary dying:

[/URL]

I've spent 1500 hours on this freaking project. That's 187.5 days of work (8 hour intervals) across 4 years. It's 95% done. I don't get paid. If I did get paid, I'd be $45,000 wealthier. A labor of love. Clearly.
~Andrew Jackson

emptyanima

• Making & Breaking Characters Since May 2013
  • Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Dark Power
  • She Who Slays Dragons
    • Emptyanima Portrait Pack
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2015, 10:37:58 AM »
Some good updates! If we can get to Har-Thelen without dying I'll be more willing to visit! *cheers* Thanks.

zodiacspear

• Undead Slayer
  • The Segata Sanshiro of Ravenloft
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2015, 12:35:58 AM »

If you add Magus's castle theme as the area's background music would only make it that much more epic.
Zodiacspear (aka Timgood)
Current active character(s): Garbhan Ross (Forfarian Warrior), Erutáron Xillen (Sithican Rebel) Vulg Graynoor (Lost Aasimar)

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2015, 02:05:33 PM »
I considered it but we'd need to add the music and that's not in the cards in the near future.
~Andrew Jackson

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2015, 07:26:03 AM »
Congratulations to the following masochists whom achieved the previously impossible:

Marjiana Beesevitch
Natalie Silverhart
Dante Farblake
Bang Oldarak
Ryoga Kelm

Sithicus' dungeons have been conquered though not without terrible difficulty as I've been informed. All the more telling of their achievement, I'd say.
~Andrew Jackson

qwertyuioppp

• Dark Power
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2016, 02:33:55 AM »
The ferrymen ask for 200 crowns (sp), but they take 200 roses (gp).
I am outraged and murderous, having only noticed this months and months later, overpaying them all this time.

Spoiler: show

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
Bumping this.

Managed to finish the salt mines for the first time today. It was a great dungeon, quite intimidating, yet feasible with good tactics and people, as it should be.

The loot, however, was barely better than the stuff you can get in Barovia. Now this is just a single impression but it seems consistent with the feedback other players have given.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »
I was with the most recent group into Sithicus, and I have to agree with aprogressivist. It seems to be an extremely difficult challenge, but doable with the right party and tactics. I'm sure this probably sounds like a broken record to Devs, but yeah, the loot that I saw was very, very lackluster. For instance, the third series of chests into the Salt mines had nothing but a few gems that can be sold for about 1-5 gold each, and a Priest's Robe with no stats. Perhaps there can be a minimum loot level for Sithicus areas? A base that the overall loot value can't drop below? For what has been toted as the hardest dungeon in the game... this was Kobold Cave level for loot.

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »
For that one Sithicus trip, with much appraise, we ended up with about 16000gp worth of items. In comparison, Perfidus managed to get up to about 100k (items and coins).
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 08:36:13 PM by Telkar »

LeviShultz

• Undead Master
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:21 PM »
Sithicus is a beautiful and cruel place.

"A no wisdom ranger is literally unwise."

MJ_Johansson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2016, 11:00:31 PM »
Today was some pretty terrible loot its true, but I've found some amazing and unique things there now and again, but it seems to be hit or miss. Either you get something amazing, or you get old priests robes.
"Let love guide you, not fear."

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2016, 01:01:42 AM »
Yeah here's the thing about Veidrava-you get lots of garbage that really isn't even as good as the stuff you get in some of the lowest level dungeons barring the kobold cave or sewers. -However-, the level of loot also has the potential to be astronomically higher. I used to hate it, but the more I do it the more I like it really. Every now and then you walk away with just a stupid amount of crazy rare and powerful items and it's the best. From what I understand, because you have the chance at that, the base level is really really low-to offset the extreme reward that -is- possible. Meaning if the lowest level were raised, that would also make the highest level lower. I do not want that.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2016, 01:53:08 AM »
I have problem with STR force open chests DC was 38 or 40 DC STR to open it is toooooooo high no body have 40 STR (buffs) using crowbar. Reduce it a bit 32 or 34 perhaps.

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »
I have problem with STR force open chests DC was 38 or 40 DC STR to open it is toooooooo high no body have 40 STR (buffs) using crowbar. Reduce it a bit 32 or 34 perhaps.

just bring Dante and don't break anything

• Kept you waiting, huh?
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Forever #Trigger
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »
I have no idea why the loot in Sithicus is so crappy sometimes. The stuff there is mind-mindbogglingly powerful when it spawns correctly. As I'm invested in my own RPG at the moment, I'm quite busy but I will address it when I get the chance.
~Andrew Jackson

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2016, 05:21:34 PM »
I have no idea why the loot in Sithicus is so crappy sometimes. The stuff there is mind-mindbogglingly powerful when it spawns correctly. As I'm invested in my own RPG at the moment, I'm quite busy but I will address it when I get the chance.

Well .. that is because .....  :awesomeface: