You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Detonate spell lvl 9, Feedback/Suggestions  (Read 467 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Detonate spell lvl 9, Feedback/Suggestions
« on: February 20, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
First of all this is a very cool spell, but here are some things that I think should be changed because they make no sense.

1. Detonate should work on undead. I see nothing in this spell’s description or fluff that would suggest why you can blow up a person’s body, but not a zombie/skeleton’s body. This spell should work on any corporeal creature.

2. The death descriptor should be removed from this spell. This is not death magic. It should not have the death descriptor. If implosion is not death magic, why would this be? Both spells crush/manipulate the targets body. The death descriptor should be removed.

These are two modifications that I think should be made to the 9th circle detonate spell.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:26:28 AM by tylernwn »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Detonate spell lvl 9, Feedback/Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:36:03 PM »
The spell works as per DnD rules. It’s a death spell hence why undead are immune.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Re: Detonate spell lvl 9, Feedback/Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »
The spell works as per DnD rules. It’s a death spell hence why undead are immune.

Looks like you are right. I thought it was a custom spell, so I was commenting on what did not make sense to me. While I still think these choices by Wizard's of the Coast don't make sense, the spell is working as written. So there's nothing to change.