You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Port-a-lucine warehouse 1 bug  (Read 1023 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Port-a-lucine warehouse 1 bug
« on: February 11, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
Hello,

So DM Bara mentioned to me a possible bug with Warehouse 1 in Port-a-Lucine, dementlieu. Specifically he mentioned in the second room to the left it apparently isn't saving properly in the corner of that room and that a dev should look at it.

I am not sure if there is an issue there, and he said he will try somethings. Still as he suggested, I am making this so that a Dev can take a look to see if there are any issues there.

Herkles.

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
Shop 2 in Vallaki - Hordes of placeables vanishing after crashes/resets
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 08:48:40 AM »
Hello,

The post-server-restart loss of placeables has gotten much worse in the past week or so.  Instead of just a couple of items vanishing, there are now two entire rooms that end up empty. 

I have been working with DM Bara to get this corrected.  No new placeables have been added to the area in a really long time, but one of the suspect problems may be maxed-out placeables text?

--Matticus
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: Port-a-lucine warehouse 1 bug
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 01:45:32 PM »
Bumping this as I tried to set my own placables there, but the recent crashes and resets also ate the placables.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 05:47:00 PM »
Bumping this as I tried to set my own placables there, but the recent crashes and resets also ate the placables.

No need to bump a report you made 5 days ago. We're looking into this but no clear ETA on if/when it'll be fixed.

Serina Rhea

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 10:30:28 PM »
Would like to just add that something similar is happening with Port-A-Lucine's Warehouse 3
DM Cataclysm suggested I should post the issue as well

- The area near the front door has never managed to load in all it's time, even back when it was all just carpentry placeables and there weren't many

- In other areas some placables at random are not loading

- Often I've been met with the msg for going over the complexity limit for the room

- Many objects are stacked duplicated of themselves, i.e. a chair will actually be many many copies of itself and phasing and glitching into each other

- There are multiple copies of the floor, from when DM Cataclysm was placing these at first, some were glitchy as they were too close to each other, so they were deleted until with much trial and error floors that looked nice were achieved, however, those conflicting floor bits seem to be mysteriously back now (though honestly this one is largely speculation, it's also possible that the minute degree of height difference the floor was saved at is not accepted by the system that saves the placables)

- DM Cataclysm suspects also that something is duplicating the created placables and causing it to go over the limit and thus causing other parts to not load because of the scene complexity limit

Thank you as always for being so diligent about sorting bugs and things ^-^

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 09:44:48 PM »
Going to add some further debugging logs and a few more failsafes to try to fix these issues.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 03:49:43 PM »
Are there still problems with the rentals? Such as placeables disappearing or duplicating.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 03:56:14 PM »
Are there still problems with the rentals? Such as placeables disappearing or duplicating.
Yes, they are still disappering after resets / crashes. 

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 05:30:37 PM »

Is it only in one specific part of the map?

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 09:42:32 PM »

Is it only in one specific part of the map?
Yea. The far eastern side of the second room, it only affects just a part of that room.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 10:18:08 PM »
I'll resize most of the Port-à-Lucine single area rentals to solve these problems but it'll mean current setups will have to be redone unfortunately.

Serina Rhea

• Outlander
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 09:53:47 AM »
Well warehouse 2 is more or less fine

If it could be left alone for now that would be nice... I'd really rather not have to bother a DM to help with the whole place again >~<

If it /does/ have to be redone for whatever reason, removing the countless random crates would be nice tbh...

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 10:46:25 PM »
The areas have now been changed; you'll need a DM to wipe them clean then add content again. It should fix the issues for good.