You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: AC bugs?  (Read 759 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
AC bugs?
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:16:19 AM »
Name: Destinysdesire - Caelan Cunningham

Where: My character sheet and mechanical effect

When: Effects are at random times and can vary when logging in

What: Ac keeps changing at random, sometimes 21 AC, sometimes 25 AC, sometimes 28 AC.

Forgot to grab image of 28 AC, the change is random, it is in fact mechanical as I have tested the differences in the Morninglord Crypts. 21 AC, the undead will crush me....25 AC, I manage fairly well, 28 they don't really touch me.

Recreate: I have no idea how you might recreate this, this is the only character I have seen it happen to.

Special information:

1AC from boots
1AC from necklace
16 Dex
14 Wis
20 Parry
16 Tumble

No Expertise
Improved Parry
Monk AC Bonus (adds Wis mod to AC)
Pure level 10 monk

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
Re: AC bugs?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
21 -> 25 AC would be the lack of application of your parry AC, with unarmed strike occasionally you need to re-equip a weapon to fix it.

**Edit** Your bonuses add up to 25AC with monk bonus too, so not sure where the +3 to 28 is coming from either!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:30:59 AM by Ophie Kitty »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
21 -> 25 AC would be the lack of application of your parry AC, with unarmed strike occasionally you need to re-equip a weapon to fix it.

**Edit** Your bonuses add up to 25AC with monk bonus too, so not sure where the +3 to 28 is coming from either!

okay...that part works...the other half I dont know.

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
You wouldn't have more than 25 in your current gear; otherwise the only things that I can think of is if you were having mage armor cast on you or an armor gem, that'd make it 28.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »
Nope, no change in that department, this was just normal walk around AC

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
The Parry AC and Natural Class AC on occasion can bug depending on Feats, Class, or Skill on gear. The only fix On my Ranger who Duel Wields and hs Speciric Parry Bonus gear and feats will some times log in with incorrect AC. Re-equiping gear, using feats that augment ac or skills, and some times resting fixes this. I think this was mention before in an old post. Its not often it occurs when it does its a relative fix. Mostly seen thise occur on Rangers, Clerics, and Monks generaly chars with wisdom bonus or skills to AC. As for the +3 to 28 AC could be a Parry Bug. Seen that happen with some Parry Feats where you get the full bonus and not the correct amount.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."