Author Topic: Bandits!  (Read 568 times)

Maffa

• Dark Power
Bandits!
« on: February 09, 2021, 05:15:50 AM »
Hello all.

I was thinking that bandits could benefit of some changes to make them more alive and engaging.

As of now, bandits anywhere are just mortal (?) mobs to mow, and possibly get a bounty from. I was thinking if they could be more fitting to the role if they actually stole your money and weapons (and maybe put them in a coffer?), and/or brought your carcass in a cell. Barovia, Ghastria, Dementlieu and Har'Akir could enjoy these changes.

Maybe you could also have mugging parties where you could be asked to pay for tolls in narrow passages -like along the way to Kroftburg for example.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:29:29 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Winterglass

• New to the Mists
Re: Bandits!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
Mugging parties on the Kroffburg road - can we just not?

Getting your feet under you to begin with is a bit of a challenge in POTM - which is reasonable, but there should be ways to work through it, otherwise you just put new players off.

Right now, putting a substantial amount of busywork in to run cargo delivery is a nice solid route to get some starting income, to get to know the geography a bit, and also to meet people on the trail.

If you put mugging parties out there, you essentially cut off that income stream and introductory travel for newbies entirely.

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:36:11 AM »
The Krofburg Militia, when they're about, reserve the right to shamelessly mug- inspect cargo caravans on the mountain roads for contraband. And it generates RP!
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

mccarthy00

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 10:00:31 AM »
I would see -Bandits- as being more roles for players and DMs to act out, i don't think having NPCs is a good idea

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 01:12:32 PM »
I would love to see bandits and humanoids in general in more dungeon settings.

However, I think it's difficult enough for people to make ends meet in Vallaki with the current enviroment. I don't think we need to make things harder for the low levels.

I would be open to bandit "monster" encounters outside of Barovia however.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »
Maybe you could also have mugging parties where you could be asked to pay for tolls in narrow passages -like along the way to Kroftburg for example.
This appears to be implemented on the test server already in various places. :) At least. Seeing bandits pop up in new places!