Author Topic: NWN Hak Update Open Test - 2_25 - Bug report thread  (Read 2984 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
NWN Hak Update Open Test - 2_25 - Bug report thread
« on: February 05, 2021, 06:32:31 AM »
As per this announcement our latest HAK v2_25 is live on our test server.
Please use this thread to report any bugs you may find.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: NWN Hak Update Open Test - 2_25 - Bug report thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:32:12 PM »
Clay deposit placeables floating mid-air.
Incorrect properties assigned to bows made with the new essences types.
Best Regards!
MAB

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »
Combat focus doesn't seem to be triggering. Was working fine last night, went to test it again today and the focus abilities did not activate. Tried resting and engaging in combat again, bonuses still did not apply.
"No, you." -Captain America

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »
The 'cold metal' doesn't seem to be working properly in trying to make alchemical arrows/bolts. Bullets worked fine.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 06:53:00 PM »
The 'cold metal' doesn't seem to be working properly in trying to make alchemical arrows/bolts. Bullets worked fine.

This applies to most arrows/bolts made with the new materials. I am investigating.
Best Regards!
MAB

Khornite

• Grognard
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:01 PM »
I've tested the new fighter feats on two different characters now. On one character the feats are not triggering, on a new character they are triggering. It seems like your uses of these new feats are not refilling after rest.
"No, you." -Captain America

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »
Iron smelting DC skyrocketed while steel smelting DC decreased - I presume the iron DC was supposed to drop as well
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »
Steel smithing:  Seems like DCs on most protective gear dropped, but not for weapons.  Not sure if it was all supposed to drop across the board.
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
My fixes are in, as of next update of the test server the following errors should be corrected. Including though not limited to:

- DCs adjusted for smelting (iron) and weaponsmithing (bronze, iron, steel).
- Changes implemented for Herbalism
- Missing new resources should now all be spawning correctly.
- The crafting of arrows/bolts and some more items that were not being created properly.
- Adjusted amount of resources provided by certain exotic loot items.
- Adjusted item properties on bows and wooden melee weapons, and a few others that had incorrect properties.
Best Regards!
MAB

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 11:13:09 AM »
Metallic Wyrmlings appear to be broken on the test server.

: )

Chabxxu

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 10:23:19 PM »
Combat focus still doesn't seem to be fixed, even after resting. Couldn't get it to work on the new update

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:23 PM »
Combat focus still doesn't seem to be fixed, even after resting. Couldn't get it to work on the new update

You’ll need to delevel and relevel if you use an existing character.

Chabxxu

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 10:42:55 PM »
This seems fixed, at least for now. However, the character sheet will not show the updated AB after using the Charisma feats or the combat focus feat activation.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
  • Ninja-loots Extraordinaire!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 10:54:58 PM »
Potent Cure Critical Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds both have a DC of 40, despite the Potent being the bigger herbs and higher caster level.

Potent Serious Regen and Potent Critical Regen also have the same DC as the standard versions, despite the increased caster levels.

Potent Ghostly Visage (DC 30) and Ghostly Visage (DC 20) both have the same caster level.

Appears to be a new recipe for Potent Potion of Elemental Warding (I failed it though, but it now requires 2 herbs instead of 1), but its the same DC as the standard Elemental Warding.

Didn't have the herbs to brew a normal "potion of haze" but it used to be caster level 9. The caster level on Potent potion of Haze is also 9, despite the increased dc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:54:53 PM by Hatsune »
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Hatsune

• Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 10:56:08 PM »
Potent Cure Moderate Wounds uses the 'cure light wounds' image, where the others use the same. Might be little more cohesive to use the same 'cure moderate' image for the potion.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
Cold Iron Bolts in particular get +piercing vs outsiders, when it should be +slashing with how crossbows + bolt stacking works (Crossbows have +piercing on the weapon as their perk, so that wouldn't stack with ammunition piercing bonuses, which is why they have slashing instead)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 10:36:23 PM »
Cold Iron Bolts in particular get +piercing vs outsiders, when it should be +slashing with how crossbows + bolt stacking works (Crossbows have +piercing on the weapon as their perk, so that wouldn't stack with ammunition piercing bonuses, which is why they have slashing instead)

Good point. I'll adjust bolts properties.
Best Regards!
MAB

Ophie Kitty

• Inactive - Quit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
Cold Iron Crossbows also have a property vs outsiders thats less average damage than just using a steel crossbow. Cold Iron weapons also seem to suffer from redundant bonuses, as most outsiders have damage reduction, the bonuses would need an enhancement bonus to be effect and would get overridden for the smaller half of weapon sizes, or a damage type other than physical. The same applies to cold iron bolts/arrows to a lesser extent, for items meant to be effective against a creature type, they couldn't pierce DR either without +1 or +2 piercing damage vs outsiders added to them as well

Misan

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »
Resist energy seems to be fickle.  Have had it available for taking at lvl 2 before meeting reqs, and the same character unable to take the feat at lvl 12 after meeting reqs.  Intermittent and difficult to reproduce.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2021, 10:37:30 AM »
Resist energy seems to be fickle.  Have had it available for taking at lvl 2 before meeting reqs, and the same character unable to take the feat at lvl 12 after meeting reqs.  Intermittent and difficult to reproduce.

Did you get the very latest version of the hak? The one I uploaded when I posted the "update" to the topic. Having different versions of haks often leads to unexpected behaviour.

Misan

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2021, 03:45:35 PM »
Did you get the very latest version of the hak? The one I uploaded when I posted the "update" to the topic. Having different versions of haks often leads to unexpected behaviour.

I re-downloaded just to be certain and checked again.  Issue persisted.

Hatsune

• Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
Unsure if intentional or a bug, but the 'Neg energy protection' and 'deathward' higher level herbs do not have 'potent versions', where most of the other Herb Families all have upgrades. these don't gain much besides duration, but doesn't follow the standard of all the other herbs.
Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 08:46:53 PM »
Unsure if intentional or a bug, but the 'Neg energy protection' and 'deathward' higher level herbs do not have 'potent versions', where most of the other Herb Families all have upgrades. these don't gain much besides duration, but doesn't follow the standard of all the other herbs.

Not all potions have potent versions. Negative energy protection does have one, but deathward doesn't. That you have not figured the recipe for the potent negative energy protection potion might be thaat it uses some of the herbs that were not properly spawning before. I corrected the remaining DC issues and caster levels on a few potions. I "think" I got them all but time will tell. It will be live with the next update of the test server, along the correctives for the remaining few smithing/woodworking issues that were left.

Best Regards!
MAB

Hatsune

• Undead Master
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 01:23:55 AM »
Just a description mistake: Bloodletter Maple lists its material type as "Wood, Cypress", instead of Maple. on wood weapons.

The new metals don't seem to be scripted for any effect on making wood weapons. A Rowan iron (normal iron) staff is +1 vs. type, d6 bludge. the 3 metals I tried were +1 vs. type of the wood, d4 bludge... placing all the new metals weaker then normal iron on wooden weapons. None had any elemental damage or other effect.

likewise the bloodletter Maple is +1 vs. type, d4 bludge in iron, and the other metals are +1 vs. type, +2 bludge on the new metals.

Currently Playing:
Ayleese, Slyvan Bardess

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 06:17:36 AM »
Yeah wooden melee weapons had the wrong properties. It's among the things I corrected for the next update. I didn,t notice for the maple/cypress error though thanks for letting me know
Best Regards!
MAB