Author Topic: Being Stuck as a ghost after ressurection  (Read 414 times)

Bimble

• New to the Mists
Being Stuck as a ghost after ressurection
« on: February 02, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »
Name:
Being Stuck as a ghost after ressurection and being able to interact with the world as if alive.

Where:
Inside the Terg ruins, the area with the vampire sorceress inside the indoor tower. I doubt the location has anything to do with it.

When:
02.02.21 at about 4:15 UTC. The actual death leading to this happened a few minutes earlier.

What:
The character becomes stuck in spirit form yet can interact with the world as if alive. Pick up items, trade items with other PCs and even carry around its own corpse.
Casting spells was not possible.

Recreate:
I got knocked unconcious and went into bleed-out state. Another PC stabilized me with a Healer's Kit or Chirurgery Kit. My character was stabilized and I got the dialogue box popping up which allowed me to get up. I decided to stay down until the fight was over. A vampire warrior or fledgeling walked up to me and finished me off while I was still on the ground. I have no idea what might have cause this behaviour of the NPC. I got sent to the Near Ethereal. The dialogue box was still open and since I was unable to close it I clicked one the "Get up". I then proceeded to walk through the pillar of light and waited as a spirit next to my corpse. I was raised with a mist orb but didn't get teleported to my corpse. I walked up to my corpse instead and picked it up. I didn't get raised and instead was able to carry my own body around an pick up items as well as interact with the world as if I was alive yet still being a spirit.

Ideas:
I've no idea why the vampire decided to finish me off while unconcious.
I think it's some weird interaction between me being stable, being turned into a spirit and then pressing the "Get up" from the dialogue box which then put me into a state of being a spirit and somehow alive.