You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Missing Rain and Snow  (Read 903 times)

ObsidianOrb

Missing Rain and Snow
« on: November 08, 2020, 06:51:09 AM »
For around about a month or more I have been having a problem with snow and rain, the weather affects aren't playing any more. It was showing for a few seconds, and then stopping, but now it won't appear at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

Asous

Re: Missing Rain and Snow
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 06:55:40 AM »
The issue started for more after the NWN:EE update that introduced the new lighting system, I can only assume it's tied to that somehow.

Glowfire

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 08:43:13 AM »
Yep. This seems to be affecting many players.
Liss Santraeger - "Life is a song. Don't be scared to sing along."
Eglantine Desrosiers - "A rose is still a rose, even if it has only one petal left."

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:29:39 AM »
OK guys I have a request, please can anyone who is experiencing this go to the beamdog support for NWN:EE and report it. It's super easy and this hopefully should be a simple fix for them, they might even tweak something about the weather/animation and we might get an improvement. I miss the weather so much! They have just done a huge patch which is amazing, they still want to improve the game which is amazing.

Please go here, and report this bug: https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

If you check the discussion page on Steam for 'Beta Test 2: Is the NWNEE Patch Ready for Release?' I posted a comment about this issue, and I got a very limited response, see page 3

Julius Borisov  [developer] 8 Dec @ 8:42pm   
Originally posted by mojoe987:
Since the big lighting engine overhaul (which was great by the way) 9/10 times Rain & Snow animation is just not present, I did log a ticket but I didn't save the ticket number. I have also checked with others in an forum for a module I play, others are also experiencing this issue.

Thanks, we'll investigate. Your ticket is NWNS-7766

They will listen, but we have to speak up. If you have reported it, please post here, and thank you for doing so.

manyconsonants

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »
I think it may have been fixed now. I had an update or two for NwN over the last couple days and I was originally not seeing any snow or rain despite the sound effect suggesting I should be. As of last night I am seeing snow and rain again.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »
I'm still experiencing this, I have reset my graphics settings to the default values and I still only see rain for a few seconds, if at all.